1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Mk II info. needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lovemy99, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Recently a very generous member of the Spartanburg Gun Club donated a Beretta Mk II trap gun to our AIM Team here at the club. He desires that the gun be auctioned or raffled off as a fund raiser for the team. I need info. on this gun, please.

Specs. are: 34" bbl., fixed full choke, brand new adjustable Gracoil system installed. The gun is in great shape. I would say 90-95%, at least.

What did these sell for new? When were they made? How much should we expect to get in a silent auction? We have set a minimum bid at $500, thinking this to be more than fair.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    Scott Pace

2. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

These were very bulletproof guns at least the equal of a BT-99. They were made in the 70's.
    The starting bid of 500.00 with the gracoil is more than fair.
    On line thet usually go for 450.00 to as much as 800.00 for a like new one.
    If you do not get any bids at your auction put it on here and I am sure that you could get at least $600.00 for it.

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Always wanted to backbore the hell out of one of those just to see how tight it could be made to shoot. The barrel looks almost 1/4 inch thick.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The barrel makes the gun heavy, and lowers recoil.

These were a variant of the BL series imported by Garcia in the 60's. We have a couple around our club and they smoke targets nicely.

HM

5. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

acorange, Thank you so much for the info. That will help a lot when people ask questions about the gun.

shadow & halfmile, Don't I know it! These have to be the thickest barrel walls I have ever seen on a shotgun. I put a few rounds through the gun myself from the 26 yd. line and it absolutely crushes targets from back there, even with my 1oz. practice load.

toddy, Thanks for the info. and good look in Hawaii!

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It is often confused with Beretta's Trap Special which was junk. The Mark II is a hinge pin gun and it's built like a tank. It feels somewhat muzzle heavy compared to a BT99 or TM-1 because of the massive barrel which is 0.1" thick at the muzzle. Sold new in the early 70s for $325.

Here's an original full page magazine ad for it.

-Gary

gw22_2008_0303223.jpg

7. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Thanks Gary! This is good stuff!

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

You're welcome. Don't let anybody steal it for $500.

-Gary

9. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Gary,
    Don't worry about that. I am interested in the gun myself. I believe we will have many offers on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.