1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Memory System question...Soft Comb???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Just wondering if anyone has had a soft comb installed on a Beretta with the new memory system. I know the memory system takes up a lot of space in the comb and have heard it was impossible to do.

Thanks in advance.

Matt Krizinski

2. stockguy

stockguy Member

The short answer is - NO - not with the Memory System as it exists as your comb hardware. The comb is so hogged out to clear the system, there is only about 1/8" of wood remaining at the top. This simply isn't enough room to install cushion material for a soft top - and maintain the strength integrity of the comb. Every attempt I've seen to convert one of those to a soft top has resulted in what I'd call an undesireable comb.

What can be done - and you might ask your favorite stock man - is to convert the plastic Memory System to a much better Graco replacement comb hardware system (or his own comb hardware). The upper cavities in the comb can then be filled in with plugs and the soft top conversion process can be completed.

And - you'll have a much more user friendly comb hardware system.

Greg Hissem

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Matt Krizinski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

725 trap soft comb conversion

beretta memory system

beretta memory system 391 reviews