1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Mark II or TR-2 anybody have info.?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rookie tim, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

I was talking with an older trap shooter tonight and he was telling me about some of the guns he had. One was a Beretta Mark II as he called it. I told him I would do some checking on the computer for some information about this gun I have not been able to find much. Does anyone know any thing about this gun or have one?

Thanks,

Tim

PS. He told me it was a single shot trap gun.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Tim, There was a thread on this just a few days ago, click on the link. Those are not the same gun, but both Beretta models. Bill Malcolm

3. Dean812

Dean812 TS Member

These were excellent trap guns. Very heavy barrels but swung nicely. I broke some nice scores with them and still own two of them. Originally they were available with 32"& 34" barrels. This gun was available in limited numbers and was the for-runner to the 680.
    Dean812

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

The Mark II Beretta went the way of the Perazzi TM series. I consider the decision to discontinue both of these the manufacturers errors. Both were excellent guns and worth more then the market charged. That's probably the reason. After you sell them for a low price it's impossible to raise the numbers and convince the buyers they are worth the increase.

Big Jack

5. jrb

jrb Member

I purchased my great uncles when he passed away...it had hardly been shot. I made the mistake of selling it to a guy from warrensburg, il who collected them. I tracked it down to a gun shop in Pekin/Peoria , Il in 99. They sold it! I wish I could find it and buy it back! They were pretty good guns back in the day!

If anyone knows about this gun, please let me know!

Love

J. R.

6. airborne

airborne TS Member

I had a Mark II a very nice gun the barrel was thick enough that Briley put a choke in it to shoot high I could smoke them at 16 but couldn't find at handicap so I sold it. I now own a TR 1 a fore runner of the TR 2 , the TR 2 has a higher rib. I tried to get it worked on at the grand and Berretta laughed at it. They don't have parts or even drawings for it anymore. Enjoy them they are nice guns and will destroy birds from the back fence. I keep the TR 1 as a conversation piece with the under lever break open. Jack A.

7. airborne

airborne TS Member

Also they are in the thick Gun Values Book. The TR 1 was discontinued in about 1970 and the MarkII about 1975. Jack A.

8. jrb

jrb Member

Bartemay's in Morton had the gun the last time I heard...would like to track it down!

J. R. Brock

9. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

I had a TR-2 that kicked the living begeezus out of me and I weighed over 300 lbs. back then. Still sorry I sold it just like all the others I have had and sold.

Dave Shaeffer, sr.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The MkII and the tr2 were 2 totally different guns. The MkII was based on the BL boxlock action, and was a quality firearm. It had a normal operating lever.

The TR 1 & 2 were basically Galef "Companion" backpack guns fixed up to be like trap guns. They kicked like the Rockettes. They operated with a lever in front of the trigger guard.

I would buy a MkII today, not so a TR series gun.

HM

11. Toddy

Toddy Member

I own a Beretta Mark 11 and I used to shoot 98's and 99's with it and sold it back to the guy I bought it from because I thought a different gun would get me to the 100's and 4 months later when I realized it's not the gun, went back and got it back and have since shot 19, 100 straights in Singles and you will have to pry this gun from my cold dead hands.

The 100 straights are getting farther apart now but once you have shot 300 straight in the same shoot it's hard to say your gun doesn't shoot straight or doesn't fit you and you want to trade for something else. I also own a new Browning XT but only practice 16 yds. with it and rely on my Mark 11 in competition.

If you ever find the 1 you had, don't ever let it go again.

Reg, T., East Sooke, BC

12. jrb

jrb Member

Does anyone know someone who bought a Beretta Maek II from Bartelmays in Morton in 99(?) or so?

Thanks

J. R. Brock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta mark 11 single shot trap guns ajustble rib for sale
beretta mark 11 trap information
beretta mark 2
beretta mark ii trap gun exploded view
beretta mk2
beretta mk2 trap

beretta tr2