1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Logo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pjbosh, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjbosh

pjbosh Member

Just wondering if anybody out there has some information about the Berreta logo, the 3 tridents. Where did it start and what does it stand for.

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

From Beretta...

"And then, there's the "Trident," which (truth be told) is not a trident at all.

The story of this logo starts not far from Gardone Val Trompia, in the small town of Cargnacco, where poet, writer, director, mariner and journalist Gabriele d'Annunzio ended his days, in the late 1930s.

When you walk into the villa that Gabriele d'Annunzio purchased and where he retired, you will find the very first "Trident." It was he who, ever-the-artist, developed this graphic design to symbolize the will to get things done. The encircled arrows represent the three shots fired by a battleship that engages a potential enemy: the arrow on the left reprents the first warning shot, fired at the ship's stern; the arrow on the right represents the second warning shot, fired at the ship's bow. The central arrow is the last round fired, when the ship doesn't yield: this one is aimed at the ship itself. The logo was dubbed "Dar Di Brocca" or "hit the target."

Mr. Beretta was fascinated with this symbol, and asked Gabriele d'Annunzio if he could "borrow it." Gabriele d'Annunzio gave Mr. Beretta the rights to use it as the company's symbol, and from that moment, the "Trident" became the company's logo."

respectfully responding,

Jay

3. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Hit the link above

4. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Makes perfect sense why I only hit one out of three targets, just trying to stay true to my Beretta’s tradition.

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Makes perfect sense why I only hit one out of three targets, just trying to stay true to my Beretta’s tradition.

6. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Makes perfect sense why I only hit one out of three targets, staying true to my Beretta’s tradition.

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Husky, if you flinch as bad with a shotgun as you do with a mouse, one out of three ain't bad! LOL

8. pjbosh

pjbosh Member

Ha, this was just posted on facebook by beretta usa. Guess I could have waited a few minutes for my answer. thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.