1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta & Leo Harrison Relationship

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wineguy, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Now that we are seeing the release of the DT 11, do you think Beretta has asked Leo to switch to their new model? I have always wondered what aspects of the relationship between a professional shooter and the factory sponsor consisted of. Do they pay Leo a fee or do they just provide equipment? Does anyone have insight as to how these arrangements work? Thanks.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm getting the popcorn out. Anybody bringing the drinks? This could be good.

3. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Matt you should be out busting clays, We got the zone in two weeks

jim

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

<i>"Do they pay Leo a fee or do they just provide equipment?"</i>

What makes you think they do either?

5. grntitan

Yeah i know Jim. Had a minor shoulder procedure done Friday. No shooting until Wed for me. That is if i stick to the docs orders. I was at the WSRC yesterday but only watched my boy and his team. He took individual "B" class trophy but as a team they stunk. The cold rain made it easier for me to just be a spectator. I'll be ready for the zone.--Matt

6. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Why don't you ask Leo?

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If any gun manufactor is not smart enough to give Big Leo a gun (of his choice) and ammo company not smart enough to give him ammunition (of his choice), they shouldn't be in business ... This guy is the TOP of the Heap and very seldom runs second to anyone ... I would make sure he had pants, shirts, jackets, underware, socks shoes, hats, towels, glasses, and stickers on the windows of his vehicles and his wifes also for that matter ... I'm not saying any of them are smart enough, I'm just saying if they are not smart enough to supply this guy with anything and everything he needs or wants they are missing the boat, or just got off of the boat ... Just sign here that you won't tell anybody anything ... He would be the best advertiseing they could get and if I was his agent he wouldn't come cheap ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Duck

Duck Member

What WPT said!.

9. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

The question is none of our business and this thread needs to go away. As for the so called experts that knew somebody 10 years ago in the shooting industry, they do not have a clue how the process works and how people are currently compensated in the shooting industry today and need to stay away from their keyboard.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Back when we shot a more difficult target presentation, ammo companies would supply some of the better shooters with their ammo, shells of choice. Our ATA leadership got wind of that and promptly put a halt to that by adopting a cheating practice of shallower angles for easier to break scores. Really showed them who's boss and totally stopped that freebie nonsense! :) Next move is to adopt an all face target for better scores and easier to hit also?

Harem,, er Hap :)

11. fly

fly Active Member

They pay these guys a salary, they give them guns annually, they require them to make x amount of shoots and usually depict which ones they want them to attend. They also have them keep track by events, what guns are being used by shooter. Example field 1: 3 K-guns 2 Perazzi's 1 Kolar. If they are truly a factory shooter, they will be shooting the new models.

12. grntitan

fly---Can you share where you got your info?? You speak as if you have first hand knowledge.

13. fly

fly Active Member

i shot with a factory shooter for a few years.

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Leo told us "no freebies" but he does get a small discount sometimes.

15. fly

fly Active Member

Maybe Beretta changed how they handle shooters that are factory sponsored. This is how they did things 10 or 11 years ago. Clothing worn was also a stipulation they had if you had co-sponsors. I believe Beretta required around 75%, that left 25% for shells/chokes etc.

16. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

And yet...they remain Amatures???

Not only can I not compete against them...I don't want to.

JON

17. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Yea, sure. Leo in button down pressed shirts, pressed creased pants, bright sparkling clean tennies, styled hair and neatly manicured hands. Sure thing. Leo is his own man and beats our pants off with or without help. Who really cares? Jimmy Borum

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I hear that Leo ended up negotiating into stock worth approximately 22% of total shares inorder to switch to his present gun. He had to win a certain amount of the major tournies each year as part of contract arrangements. I don't think they can afford for him to switch guns at the rate of present wins.

Also heard that Mossberg is possibly negotiating a more substantial royalty arrangement. I would like to see him switch. It could possibly prove the theory "its not the arrow, its the indian"...

19. grntitan

"I would like to see him switch. It could possibly prove the theory "its not the arrow, its the indian"..."

pheasantmaster---Didn't his switch from Remigton 1100's not prove that already long ago?

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"i shot with a factory shooter for a few years."

Curious but just when was it that you shot with a "factory shooter" with all these restrictions you mentioned?????

BTW way I happen to agree that what Leo or any shooter gets real or imagined from companies is their business. At best it needs not be discussed on a public forum. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

leo harrison dt-11