1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Kick Off Removal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Butch257, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butch257

Butch257 TS Member

My SV 10 with Kick Off is about 7/8" to 1" inch too long for me, especially with a heavy jacket. I'm short and fat and having trouble with the LOP. Anyone ever taken one off? I took the pad off and you need a special thin Torx driver to get it off. A regular Torx won't work. Was wanting to take it off and add a regular pad to shorten the LOP. I think I'm screwed.

2. Butch257

Butch257 TS Member

Any stock fitter guys ever done this?

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You need to get a quality T-15 (not made in China or other Asian origin because it likely wont fit well and the metal is softer than the torx screw and will strip it ) torx driver and grind the sides down (or use a lathe) so it's thin enough to fit inside the access holes in the Kickoff. Be careful not to strip the torx screw because it's usually stuck tight in the stock. They really should have used wood serts with machine screws to hold the unit on because I've already seen a few screws snap.

Jb

4. Butch257

Butch257 TS Member

Thanks Tron, I got it off last night LOP without the Kick Off is 12 1/2 now I need to find a recoil pad assembly that's 1 1/4 thick to try. Looking for 13 3/4 to14" LOP. Would like to have a reducer but don't know if anyone makes one that's only 1 1/4 thick. Would like to try just a pad first before I have someone whack off the stock to add a reducer.

BTW: Amazingly stuck a 7/64 allen wrench down in there and it worked (don't try this at home kids).

Ton thanked this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta kick off removal

can you put a regular pad on beretta kick okk stock
help with beretta a 400 kickoff pad removal

how to remove beretta kick-off

how to replace the wood screws of the beretta kick off system
removing beretta kick off buttpad
removing beretta kick-off
removing beretta sv10 kickoff