1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta honours Bush

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhwbailey, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

President George W. Bush Receives Beretta SO10 EELL Shotgun at SCI
    ACCOKEEK, MARYLAND -- Beretta presented President George W. Bush with a custom-made SO10 EELL Shotgun before a crowd of nearly 3,000 at the final dinner for the 38th annual Safari Club International Convention in Reno, Nevada.

Dott. Franco Gussalli Beretta whose family owns the nearly five-hundred year old company - Beretta, presented this very special 20-gauge over-and-under to President George W. Bush in of appreciation for his leadership during his time in office as Commander in Chief and for his unflagging support of Americans' rights to keep and bear arms.

"My family and I are very proud to be able to present President Bush with this Beretta shotgun", said Dott. Franco Gussalli Beretta. "Several years ago my father gave a shotgun to President Bush's father at the Safari Club Convention- now I am honored to have the privilege to present this shotgun to the 43rd President of the United States, George W. Bush".

The shotgun was made exclusively by master craftsman at the Beretta firearms factory in Gardone Val Trompia, Italy. It is inlaid with 24 carat gold and features traditional quail hunting scenes on both side plates. The top lever is adorned with the number "43" and the bottom of the receiver shows the Presidential Seal. President Bush's initials and an image of his dog are also engraved on the gun. More than five hundred hours have gone into the engraving of the shotgun. The stock and fore-end are carved from the finest walnut.

The SO10 EELL Shotgun was presented to President George W. Bush by Dott. Beretta. A custom Italian leather gun case with handmade gun accessories, as well as a Damascus steel knife with engraving and wood matching the gun, were presented to President Bush by Mr. Peter Horn, Vice President of Beretta's U.S. retail sales corporation.

Beretta, established in 1526, is the oldest industrial dynasty in the world tracing its roots through 16 generations of continuous family ownership. Firearms bearing the Beretta name have been sold for almost 500 years. Beretta USA Corp. was founded in 1977 and supplies the standard sidearm to the U.S. Armed Forces. Today, Beretta manufactures, distributes and markets a complete line of firearms, accessories and apparel. Beretta also owns and operates six retail Beretta Gallery stores worldwide. For additional information, visit www.berettausa.com.
    Kimberlee Eveland (617) 360-1327 or keveland@evelandpartners.com

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Makes me want to run out and buy a Beretta!

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

this post is worthless without pictures

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Here you go.

Eric

5. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Didn't George H. W. Bush drop his NRA membership over the Waco/"Jackbooted Thugs" comment by Wayne Loopy Ear. Wonder if he had to give his Beretta back?

DoubleAuto

6. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Oh boy, now he can go hunting with Cheney.

DoubleAuto

7. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

These teabaggers forget the "Jackbooted" comment. I thought GHB had to give back his gun. Jim

8. MAX & TOBY

MAX & TOBY Member

Doubleauto: I'm not sure 43 would think hunting with Cheney is in his best interest regardless of this health plan or life insurance.

9. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I think it was vey considerate of Beretta to recognize President Bushs' efforts on behalf ot the Sportsmen of the United States. I didn't need to see the gun to appreciate the act. Post-2

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here's your two favorites together again. Taken last week in Orlando after they did a Public Service Commercial on behalf of Haitian Relief.

Eric

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

First President Bush dropped his life membership in the NRA because they wouldn't back his gun control legislation.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Wonder what Obama will get, some kind of Glock ghetto blaster I bet.

13. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

Obama gets a lump of coal.

14. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

The asinine "assault weapons ban" was allowed to expire under P43, and for that, ALL firearm manufacturers and owners should be grateful.

Rimfireidiot wrote; "These teabaggers forget the "Jackbooted" comment".

Wayne Lapierre made that comment. Worry about your own clowns. Ask your hero slick willie what he received.

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Any president that backs the rights of Shooting Sportsmen ( which includes trapshooting)should be applauded by this site. Beretta has acknowledged this in a very gracious manner.

Clinton, Carter, and Obama are not on that list.

How trapshooters (if you really ever owned a gun) like RimFirejim, Double auto, and Likes-to-shoot can comment negatively about this is unbelievable.

I doubt any of you have ever pulled a trigger, and even if you have, it probably looks pretty comical.

If you are shooters act like it. Support those that support the sport.

16. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Not to ask a dumb question but, is this a custom field gun? Low rib, bit of a drop to it? Dumb question, just curious.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Thanks to George Bush, we have John Roberts, Samuel Alito, and a court ruling that tells the assholes in Washington that the Second Amendment means what it says.

All the Democrats in history didn't give us that.

18. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

Paladim ! Your Hero criticized the NRA, because of Jackbooted comment.Sorry for the oversight.You Teabaggers are always correct. Sweatterman : I'm a life member of the NRA, I can remember when they were for the sportsman and the magazine was for sportsmen.Now the American Rifleman is just another Politcal rightwingnut rag.So much for bush and his gun . He'll stick it in the closet and let it rust,or donate it to some teabagger rally. Jim

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

We've now identified Jim, the union schmuck.

Welcome aboard. The other three here are glad to have you. Think I hear one coming now...

20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Setterman...........A question was ask and I replied...nothing more...nothing less. Your comments were entirely unnecessary and shows a lack of personality on your part!!!!!!!! In reading most of your posts I'm quite sure that's not all you lack.

Your friend, Bill :)

Dear Buzzy......I am really surprised you came out of hiding after your masters problems with their cars and now trucks. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.