1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta gunsmith near San Diego CA?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BD457, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BD457

BD457 Member

My 682x broke last night and I'm thinking it's time to have someone go through it and replace anything that needs replacing. While they're at it, fit an unsingle barrel to it that I picked up used.

Can anybody HIGHLY recommend anybody in my area to do this or should I pack it up and ship it off? If so, to whom?

Thanks,
    Mike

bd457_2011_03097.jpg

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Hi:

Try Duncan's Gun Works in San Marcos.

They are good, but the turn around is not fast. Get an estimate and go from there.

Dave

3. BD457

BD457 Member

Thanks Dave. I've done business with Duncans and will never set foot in there again. A simple scope mount job turned into a disaster that my 12 year old son could have done better with a hammer and chissel.

Mike

4. 4 be

4 be Member

Mike - from the photos you have a broken pawl spring which allows barrels to switch. This is a common problem with Berreta O/U. You can get a package with several pawl springs from J&P Springs who advertise on this site (shipping is fast). It's about a 20 minute job to replace the spring. Jerry Callaway

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I too had a bad experience or two at Duncan's when I lived in San Diego. Might call Pacific Sporting Arms and see who they recommend. Beretta will probably be at the State Shoot this week. I can't remember if they bring a smith with them or not.

6. BD457

BD457 Member

4 be,
    Thanks, that was exactly my problem which lead me to investigate. I'm pretty sure I can replace nthe spring, but I was looking for any disassembly/reassembly info ANYWHERE and couldn't find it. I got the old one out obviously, but I'm not sure how it goes back in because it was busted.

I still think it's time to look the thing over by a pro since I've put about 6,000 rounds through it sincce I picked it up used.

7. cafowler

cafowler Member

Coles for the fitting definitly. Anything else is minor for them to service. The Beretta van was on the west coast last year, not sure if the factory smith's were traveling with it. It might still be out here. 6k rounds/year is a bit on the low side for your 682, not enough to worry about it. Is the lock getting a bit loose? I thought I had a dirty ejector, it was a broken spring, you never know what's going on in there till the pro's open it up for a look. I love going to the big shoots back east when the factory smith's are there. I learn so much just watching those guys work, and they're good guys.

8. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Bolsa Gunsmithing 7404 Bolsa Ave. Westminster Phone: 714/894-911. Speak with Fred or Jason Fred's grandson, both are very accomplished. I believe, but not certain Bolsa is an authorized warranty center for Beretta.

Pacific Sporting farms work out to it's next door neighbor JS Air-Cushion Stocks, Joe Shiozaki and Paul Niedermann located at 850 West Foothill Blvd. #21
    in Azusa, Phone 626/334-2563. Be aware Joe and Paul work until 1:00 pm.

Both companies are very good, I've had work done by both, check their lead times, they get backed sometimes.

If you're going to Kingsburg this week for the state shoot, Jm Flynn should be onsite and is also very qualified with Beretta's. Jim's phone 805/305-0412.

If you're not planing on shooting at Kingsburg, you should go anyway, a nice break from San Digo, it's a very enjoyable place to spend time and talk story or shoot.

Surfer

9. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

BD457 ,
    All I can say is ,if you want someone that really knows what he's doing
    to make your Beretta like new again ,give Dan Suggs a call at 410 688 1514
    he goes by the name of BerettaWiz and his company is Sporting Shotgun Services.
    I've had him work on my guns (trap,sporting clays and field) and I can tell you
    I'm very Pleased . All It Takes Is A Call !
    Tell him Larry sent you .

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

James Flynn is a very good guy and 'smith.

David Buchman

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont think Flynns at kingsburg, He move to Florida.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.