1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???Beretta gold E

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grnberetcj, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

George...

Check with Joe Goldberg (Gun Fitter)....he'll be able to answer your questions and get you set up properly!

Curt

2. front242

front242 Member

Send it to Greg Hissem in Kansas. He's done a couple for me on Beretta Sporting guns. One on a Silver Pigeon III, and one on a White Onyx. You can do what you want by raising the comb a bit. It doesn't take much. Greg does a great job and has quick turnaround.

Tim
    F242

3. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Why?

Yes I thought of that, and even started to do it but decided to just shoot it as it was, and see what it did. I now use my 687 - 32 sporting just fine as it is. I am very pleased with it, you may be too.

Basically comes down to where the gun shoots and how it fits YOU.

regards

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Bruce makes a good point, see if it shoots ok for what ever trap shooting you will be doing.

The rule of thumb is 1/16" adjustment at the comb will yield about 1" movement of the Point of Impact at 16 yards.

Now if you got to have a high rib because of heat waves or seeing the target faster, then you will need to have a higher comb to compensate for the add on rib.

5. henrims

henrims Member

I had the same issue with a Browning XS sporting. It was a little low in the comb for me. I wanted to get my head up just a bit, so I had Hissem instal an adjustable comb. Now it's the gun I shoot best for trap.

You can spend a few hundred on a comb, or a few thousand on a new gun, so to me it's worth a try. A quality job won't hurt the value of the gun any. It might even make it easier to sell, if you decide you don't like it.

Mike

6. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

ohhh,

I had the impression it fit you, and you shot it well for sporting. If I could see only the lever, I would have trouble hitting anything with it.

regards

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Go to Sportsmen's Warehouse and get a Cheek-eze stickon pad to raise the comb to suit you.

Of course the stock work is great and desirable for the value of the gun too. But the stickon will let you shoot a higher cheek so you can evaluate it. I put one on a field 1100 and love it.

HM

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

George, It sounds like you might want to invest in a adj. comb. Like said above if done by a good gunsmith it will make the gun easier to sell, but you more than likely will not get your money out of it if you sell it. It done poorly will make it impossible to sell. You might want to try this first. A Wrapid Comb !! Its detachable/reuseable and comes with 3 add. spacers as well. Its $23 shipped to your door. (503)371-0245. or WWW.gunsolutions.com. If it works good "Great" (might want comb) If not might want to sell as is. Keep Comb for any other long gun or rifle. Its material will help with recoil on shotgun or rifle shots. Hope this helps you in your choice.Oh Yeh, if Beretta's stocks don't seem to fit you well, try a Brownings stock. These two have diff. style's or set ups. One or the other fits most. Most will like one or the other, but it is rare that any one likes both. Once you decide which one you like the best than you can adj. and modify the stock with a adj. comb and or butt plate. Good Luck & Break-em all. Jeff

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

If you shoot your gun good at sporting clays you can shoot good at trap. just cover the bird and shoot. I shoot my sporting gun for wobble trap because it just a easy way for me to hit all the angles. For ATA trap I use my CG high rib trap gun. I like to see the target fast so I can get on then better.
    Joel Ethen has new and used stock at very good price that you my want to look at.
    As for putting in and after market comb Greg Hissem would be the one. He done work for me before and he has my CG sporting gun getting adjustable comb put in now. I like a gun the fits me. When I pick up the gun and shoulder it I like to look at the target not the beads. When it fits right it shoots right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.