1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Gold E trigger reset problems on 410

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by billn, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billn

billn Member

I have a Beretta GOld E Skeet, that I use for skeet and sporting clays,
    I have Briley tubes and shoot skeet with the 410 tubes. I have sent it back to Briley several times because after several boxes of 410 the top barrel doesn't reset during the round of skeet all the time. It does this maybe a couple of times during the shoot.

Briley does something and it works for a while but it always has the problem after shooting it for a while. The trigger is supposed to be fixed to handle the 410 shells. Reloads or new shells don't make a difference.

Does any one make a mechanical trigger for it? I haven't contacetd Briley or Beretta yet about what is happening. Briley always fixes it but I have spent several dollars in shipping to get it fixed. Probably the cost of a new trigger set up?

2. emm2

emm2 Member

Kolar will change it to a true mechanical trigger. Briley just lightens up the inertia trigger. Shane

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The Kolar conversion is the only way to go. It's probably close to 99.9% failure proof.

Doug Braker

4. larryjk

larryjk Member

I lost a couple birds because the trigger didn't reset with 410 tubes in my Beretta. Sent it to Briley, and they say it isn't mechanical, but you can hold the gun motionless and very carefully so as not to move the gun, pull the trigger and pull it again on empty chambers. Never fails to reset. Good work, Briley!

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

A lot of times I have seen people not release the trigger completely-- result- it never resets--- you can see this if you watch them shoot- they are usually so tight that they never fully let go

If Briley did a conversion (ie those were fitted tubes to that gun) -- it should work

If they never did a conversion and those are tubes that werent fitted by Briley to that gun-- they will never work all the time

Kolar actually has two different trigger jobs- or did- the more expensive one used to be called the competition

Over the years I dont think I have ever seen a Kolar or a Briley trigger conversion fail- or I am sure it happens- and it is much more likely to happen if you have another gunsmith work on the triggers-- I just have never seen it

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. billn

billn Member

Thanks for all the comments, the set of tubes were fitted by Briley and they worked on the trigger several times for the same problem. Each time it came back it worked for several boxes of shells, and this last time it seemed to work longer. Maybe I am not releasing the trigger as someone stated. I wear leather gloves, maybe I am still on the trigger and don't think I am. But I have pulled the trigger sometimes after it didn't go off the first time, and it would go off when the bird is about to hit the ground. ???

I emailed the person that I worked with in Briley and will call him this week to see what he will say.

I would hat to send it to some one else now, because Briley stands behind the work its the matter of the postage sending it to them all the time, back and forth. If they found out that someone else fixed it, then the warrenty would go away.

The guys at the club call the gun Willy, because its on the road all time, Ha

7. oz

oz Active Member

I had Cole do mechanical triggers and the are great. oz

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I too think that you may not be getting off the trigger properly. In the 12,20 and 28 ga. the gun recoils enough that you do not really need to let go of the trigger per say. The recoil of the gun can help do this without your really letting go of the trigger. But in the 410 ga. the recoil is so light that you do not get the gun to help you reset the trigger with the recoil. So you might be doing it in the other ga.'s but it only shows up in the baby bore. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

briley410 tubes beretta trigger

trigger for beretta gold e trap