1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Gold E Top single trap combo????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8 Straight, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

My Perazzi MX3, of which I am at least the 4th owner, is getting a little long in the tooth. I was considering a Beretta 682 Gold E Top Single trap combo as a replacement. It would be getting a release trigger from Skeet's. Anyone have any feedback on a simlar setup?

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm saving coin right now for the same set up. I want to shoot a top single and compare both that and unsingle. Probably be a road trip to Joel's to find one. Good luck with your purchase.

3. njuliano

njuliano Member

I started out with the the Top Single and after one year went to the Unsingle barrel for the 682 Gold E. Both shoot very well but, I found the Unsingle has some advantages.

For one when you shoot in the heat you will begin to see heat waves on the Top Single, some people it doesn't bother, me it did.

The second, thing is that with the higher rib I found I could see the target better because of two reasons. The higher rib is slimmer then the TS over the barrel and because you can raise the comb higher this help to see the target better and keeps your head on the stock better.

Third reason to go with the US is because you can fine tune the point of impact from the front of the rib.

The 682 Gold E has been an excellent gun and is both accurate and reliable and is well worth the money.
    Some additions I put on over the past 2 years.
    Allems Roller Release Trigger (Allem Gun Craft) - Has worked perfectly and can be adjusted if needed, I never had to change it.
    Soft Touch Recoil System - Works excellent and replaces the beretta comb hardware.
    Adjustable butt plat from 100 Straight

Best of luck...Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.