1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Gel Tek

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KooJo, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KooJo

KooJo Member

Has any one used a Beretta Gel Tek Cheek Protector, is it easy to get off the gun stock, Thank for any INFO

2. texasbilly

texasbilly Member

They come in two different thicknesses. I use the thin one on my Belgium made SxS. To remove it, you peel it off, but there is no damage to either the stock or the gel tek. Since they are soft, there is no thump on the cheek when the gun is fired.

Bill

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Like Bill said they do come off easy and don't mess up your finish ..but I found they only can be restuck on a couple times before the tacky substance loses its ability to stay put meaning you either pitch it or apply some other adhesive to use it one last time..like clear silicone...which surely will be a mess to get off

4. jamie65

jamie65 Member

calvin , you can wash the pad in warm soap & water , rinse in warm water , shake and let air dry and the tack returns. and dont forget to clean the stock again as per beretta instructions before reapplying. jamie

5. johnboy

johnboy Member

I have several old SxS's with the pads on them due to the excess drop at the comb. Beretta had them for 15$ at the grand. I think they look half way decent but I would not say removal is always easy or successful. I tried swapping between guns and damaged a pad. Since $15 at the grand was at least $10 cheaper than anyplace I had found it on the net I bought two.

6. cfchief

cfchief Member

have mine on my 391 sporting clays gun and love it

7. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

My buddy has them for his daughter and himself they like them and like the guys say reuseable

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I tried the soap and water and it just didnt rejuvenate enough for me and kept just sort of peeling off...,glad others had better luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta cheek pad

beretta gel tek

beretta gel tek cheek pad for trap
beretta gel tek cheek protector
beretta gel tek cheek protector review

beretta gel-tek cheek protector

beretta gel-tek cheek protector review
what to use to clean a gun stock before put a bretta gel on