1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta gel Tec or Micro core?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tv-todd, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

has anyone tried the new micocore pad from Beretta? is it better than the Gel-tec? Thanks, Todd.

2. rondl

rondl Member

On my al391 I purchased a gel tec and can not tell much difference between it and the factory stock pad. Do not know about the other pad you mentioned.

3. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

the Micro-core pad is the new pad from Beretta. I also purchased the gel-tec for my Gold-E and was not impressed. I want to know if the new pad is any better.

4. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I have used both. The gel-tek was good but I think the micro core is better. I have their thinest micro core pad on my gun now. It works better than my old gel-tek at the med thickness.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Micro core is much better. Gel tek attachment system seemed like a good idea,
    but they apparently didn't know the gel tek pad would warp. The gel tek will never fit right. The micro core is an excellent pad. Beretta no longer sells the gel tek.

6. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Member

I really like the ease of attachment that the Gel-Tek pads afford, but the Micro Core pads seems much softer.

7. timberflint

timberflint Member

Just ordered a couple to try myself. Still do not know the differences between the trap and the skeet/sporting pads. I ordered the trap.

===============

Beretta MicroCore FIELD Recoil Pad $45.00 (E7300)

Beretta MicroCore SKEET & SPORTING Recoil Pad $45.00, (E7302S)

Beretta MicroCore TRAP Recoil Pad $45.00, (E7302T)

8. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

so the Micro-core pad installs differently than the Gel-Tec? will it fit from Beretta or does it have to be fitted?

9. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

10. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

They are made to fit a Beretta stock.

11. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Beretta'a website says the micro-core pad must be adapted to replace the gel-tek. Anyone know how this is accomplished?

12. Dickgshot

Not true. You just remove the screws that hold the plastic
    adapters and install the micro core pad in its place. There's a lot of misinformation on the Beretta website.

13. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

Thanks guys. the Beretta web site uses the word, "fittable", was not sure what that meant. Todd.

14. shrek

shrek Active Member

The little holes in the stock, or spacer might need to be enlarged a little for the bumps around the screw holes on the micro core to fit in them.

I used my dremel on my 390 to put the new micro core on it. It was very simple and easy to do.

The micro core does not used the sliding wire retainer. You put screws through it and into the same holes that you did for the buttons that the wire held on to.

Ideally I would like to see kick eez make a pad with the bumps on the bottom to fit in the holes on the beretta stocks.

There is a better than average chance that I will eventually put micro cores on a couple more of mine.

15. Dickgshot

The micro core pad fit my 391 without any alteration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 390 micro core

beretta micro core recoil pad for sale

beretta microcore recoil pad install

how to mount amicro core on a 391 urika

will a mirco core pad fit a 391 stock