1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Extra Wood refinish Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I recently purchased a used stock for a 680 series Beretta. I decided I would like a brighter look and tried to strip it to start the refinish. Now I have a mess. It appears that it is what Beretta and Benelli call extra wood and is not smooth. It has high places although they are just high enough to see and barely feel. Is the stock any good now and does anyone have any idea how I can go about refinishing the stock. Yea I know, I need all the help I can get. Jackie B.

2. pjh

pjh Member

the extra wood is a screened on image.. If you look close the pattern is dots. there is often a seam doen the center of the comb the grain and color are fake.. time to paint it sorry pjh

3. Shooting Jack

I couldn't believe it! I looked at the stock a little while ago and it is clear and level, back to the original finish. Does anyone know if you can put anything over the original finish? Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

4. Shooting Jack

Thanks HD, I'm thought so too so I'll give it a try and let you know the results. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

extra wood beretta

what is best to use on beretta xtra wood