1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by william miller, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william miller

william miller TS Member

I have a Beretta 682 doubling; firing both barrels with one pull of the trigger. What do I look for first as the source of the trouble? I appreciate any help anyone can give.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Is it doing it every time? Have the triggers been modified? Has it just started doing it, after working well? When was the last time it was disassembled and cleaned? Will it still do it if someone else is shooting the gun? It could be a mechanical problem. It could be a cleaning need. It could be trapping the trigger. Mark

3. mag410

mag410 Active Member

You need to remove the stock and have a look see.

One of the springs that operate the inertia block is probably broken.

A diagram is at the link above.

Michael Goines

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Mine did that a couple of times and I learned that the safety/barrel selector could hang in the middle of barrel selection and cause it to double. I learned to pay close attention as I normally loaded 21.5 grains of green dot and that gave a heck of a kick with both barrels going off. LOL Jackie B.

5. IcySwan1

IcySwan1 TS Member

I had a 680 that did that. Couldn't figure it out. Sent it to Coles. A previous owner had done some self-help sear modification. Per Coles the difference between a good sear job and a bad one is very, very slight. They replaced the sears and all is good.

Mike

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

mine did it from brand new,, had gunsmith at NYC Beretta Gallery take a look.. he had it sent in for warrentte work,,, back in a week,,, good now

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

682 where do you shoot?

And is Beretta's turn around time always that good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta shooting expert