1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Experts ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ok ... here goes.

I know that the 68X series of Beretta is all the same basic action and such but other than cosmetic appearances just what is the difference between a 686, 687 and a 682?

They look like the same barrels the same stock dimensions and almost everything else the same other than when you get past the 686 you get an adjustable trigger and some nicer wood and extended choke tubes instead of flush ... so other than that what are the differences.

The reason I ask is I shot a couple of Berettas this weekend and now I not only need one I want one. The 686 White Onyx was sweet right off the rack while the 682 Gold E Trap was even sweeter but ... well ... the 682 would not do since I want this gun for all disciplines of shotgun sports so a Sporting Clay model is what I really need but ... what exactly is the difference between the 686, the 687 and the 682 line of guns?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Well Lumper, you pretty much know already. The internals are interchangeable, the barrels will almost all fit with some requiring minor fitting and the wood is like the barrels with a few exceptions.

The 686 is the base model, the 682 is the competition version and the 687 is the dressed up model.

One of the main things to watch for is the rib height on the barrels, as that is one of the main areas that vary from gun to gun. Bill Malcolm

3. R.Ewing

R.Ewing Member

One thing is that the barrels from a 682 Gold E will not fit the previous 682 without some modification. Other than that, they are pretty much the same.

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Beretta makes a 682E Sporting model with 28, 30 or 32" barrel choices.

You should even consider the 682E Skeet model that comes with a factory adjustable comb. But this model does not come with a 32" barrel.

Other than the finish and engraving the major difference between the 686/7 and the 682 action is that the 682 trigger can slide for a little length of pull fine tuning.

Jason

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The 682 models have the replaceable wear shoulder on the back end of the barrels. The little screw is a dead giveaway. I have never seen them replaced so I don't know much more than that.

HM

6. honorable mention

honorable mention TS Member

Not a Beretta expert, but having owned a few, the main difference that I noted was that the 686 is 0.050 inches narrower that the 682s, outside dimension.
    Barrels from 682,687 will fit but hang over 0.025 on each side.

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

Lumper, Google Beretta USA and look at the different models and specifications.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The 682 is purported to be more rugged, and to be able to shoot many more targets. I have 2, and never had a problem. especially since I got my 90T.

HM

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.