1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Ejector Timing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by David Weeks, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Weeks

David Weeks Member

Can anyone explain the ejector timing process on a Beretta? I have a barrel that fires the bottom ejector to early and the hull hits the face of the reciever. Can I adjust the current ejector or does firing too early require the ejector pad be welded.

Will removing material from the ejector tail make the ejector fire earlier or latter?

Thanks in advance.
    David

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Coles Gunsmithing up in Maine can answer your question.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Before you do anything mechanical to the gun, put a couple of empties in the gun and release both hammers.

Firmly grasp the forend and barrel and squeeze them together with one hand. Open the gun while the forend and barrel are pressed together.

If your ejector timing changes, the forend lug needs to be tightened up.

If it does not change, put the empties back in the gun and snap both barrels again.

This time, use fingers and thumbs to pull forend and barrel apart. Open gun while doing this. If ejector timing changes, something used as a spacer can correct your ejector timing.

If neither test changes your ejector timing or if squeezing the forend and barrel together does correct the timing, I would send it to Cole's Gunsmithing for repair.

4. David Weeks

David Weeks Member

FYI. This is a new barrel and the ejectors need timing. Forearm is tight. Anyone know the procedure for grinding the ejector tail? Does removing material make the ejector fire sooner or later?

Thanks
    David

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Ah, more info. Adding barrels often causes this.

I would send the gun to Cole's.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Removing material will cause the ejectors to trip sooner. It appears your is tripping to soon already, so removing any amount from the tail(s) will cause it to trip even faster.

I find it very odd that the ejector is tripping too soon with a brand new bbl. The ejector tails tend to be extra long for timing AFTER the CORRECT fitting of the bbl.

I also agree with Shooting Coach, Berettas are very finicky with the ejector timing. The wood really likes to influence them.

Doug Braker

7. David Weeks

David Weeks Member

Thanks guys that is what I needed to know. I appreciate the help.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

timing the ejector on a beretta dt10