1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Ejector Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

My wife hates to eject her empty shells over her shoulder and she is not quite coordinated enough to catch them. Is it possible to convert a Beretta 680 series barrel to an extract mode of operation rather than an eject mode on her unsingle barrel
    I have looked to see if I can simply remove the ejector spring and consulted a schematic but I can not see how the ejector slide is removed so that i can get to the spring and remove it, assuming that this will do the job.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanks,
    Doug

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

To remove your Ejector:

1) Push in until the key aligns with the slot.

2) Rotate the Ejector until the key clears the slot. (Be careful as the spring will likely launch at you)

Reverse that process to reinstall. This procedure is in the manual for your gun.

Once you have the Ejector and spring out, you can cut some coils off the spring to weaken it. Cut one or two coils at a time until the spring is just strong enough to lift the shells without launching them.

If you simply remove the springs the Ejectors won't work at all and you will have trouble assembling your gun.

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I have a Beretta 686 & 682. On each of these trap gun I replaced the original ejector spring with a lighter one. Now, when I open the gun the empty only pops up a little, It does not clear the breach making it easy to retrieve.

The approximate dimensions of the springs is:

OD .062

ID .021

Over all length 3.050

Wire diameter .019

Go to your local gun smith, he may/may not have a spring meeting these dimensions.

Frank

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

Thanks for the help.
    Doug

5. citadel

citadel Active Member

Thanks for the help.
    Doug

6. skeezix

skeezix Member

you can do as suggested and whack off a couple coils on the spring - that will give you weak ejectors
    (not extractors) If you want extractors the forearm levers need to be modified. Coles does this mod (I'm not sure what they charge - about $50 IIRC) to go back to ejectors the forearm levers will need to be replaced.

John

7. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I had Cole's modify and install a new pair of forearm levers on my 682 and it was $50 including the parts. It works very well.

Doc

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Go slow when you cut the springs. If you cut them too short, the extractors can fall off the barrel when you take the gun apart. No fun looking for parts in the grass at night. Good Luck

9. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

why not learn to partially open the gun,then cover the empties with the right palm or 2 fingers,and continue opening with the left hand with the stock alongside the ribcage?

if you do it right,you`ll never break a nail.

10. larry prior

larry prior Member

just cut the end of the ejector off, then it will just raise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.