1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta DT10 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Know that Leo Harrison uses a Beretta DT10.

Understand that the DT10 is being replaced by a DT11.

What are the functional distinctions between the DT10 and the 6XX series of Beretta O/U trap guns ?

Functionally, is the DT10 a better gun than the 6XX series ?

Better than the Browning Citori XT ?

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Hammer,

As I understand it, the DT 10 is the top of the Beretta Competition line. It replaced the SO series which were hand made guns. The DT 10 is a precision production line. The DT 10 is apparently more popular in Europe than in the US. I have owned the Brownings, Perazzis and other Berettas. I Bought a combo about 7 years ago from Joel Etchen. I then bought a second DT 10 here and sold the barrels making my combo into one unsingle gun and one stictly a doubles gun. I have not had any problems with either gun. I had two wood PFS grips made and shoot PFS on both guns. I think the DT 11 is just an attempt to make some internal barrel changes and reinvigorate the European market.

I am looking for a pair of 28" barrels for my doubles gun so I can shoot Skeet. For me the DT 10 was a balance of expense, weight and comfort. I have no desire to change or update my guns. The DT 10 has a completely different lock up mechanism from the 680 series. It is just a better made, more solid gun in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

JON

3. tincanman

tincanman Member

The Beretta rep told me the DT 10 had a better trigger than the 682's and the lock up mechanism was a little stronger.

4. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Don't believe what a REP ever says.....the DT 10s (early guns) had lots of issues with lock-up....then, trigger dropping out issues....the later DT 10s seemed a bit better...

Most 682s are BOMB PROOF....

5. skeezix

skeezix Member

They didn't replace the SO series - they replaced the ASE 90 model. The SO's are still Berettas premium line of competition and field guns.

I suspect they are more popular in the international venues because you have a very limited time frame to fix or switch guns in the event of a malfunction. The DT-10 and 11 have drop out triggers so if there is a trigger failure you can get up and running again within the constraints of international competition.

6. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I have close to 60K rounds through my DT Sporting that I bought new at Jaqua's in 2009.

I could have bought any gun I wanted. I bought the DT and have been in love with it since Tron helped me figure out the pitch.

No problems whatsoever. It goes boom every time on command, and looks damned good doing so.

7. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Anyone ever install one of these triggers in the 680 series.

8. releasebob

releasebob Member

I have been around a bunch of dt-10's and have never heard of issues with locking up or the trigger falling out so I'm gonna call BS and the lockup mechanism on a dt-10 will outlast a 682 many times over my mine has at least 200,000 rounds thru it and still lock up tight,several I shoot with who have bought 682E models have already had to get them rebuilt with maybe half that thru them.BOB

9. skeezix

skeezix Member

Very early issue DT-10's had some issues with doubling. I have a 2004 or so model dt-10 and it has been trouble free. It had a couple years of shooting on it when I got it, and I've put somewhere around 40k rounds on it and it has been pretty trouble free. I had a couple of light strikes 2 years ago. Phil Crenweldge worked over the triggers and they are very crisp now and no FTF since then.

I think they are a little easier to work on than the 68x guns, the firings pins are easy to take out and clean, the cocking rods go out through the front of the receiver and are easy to do. There is no cocking rod plunger to hang up. I have had to replace one cocking rod spring - takes about 5 minutes. The ejectors are the same design as the 68x series.

I am unsure as to how long the hammer springs last. The hammer springs and the opening lever spring are about the only thing that I have not messed with - though I have taken mine down far enough to figure out how to do the hammer springs. It isn't something I'd do on the clubhouse lunch table over a beer - but with the right tool it wouldn't be particularly difficult to replace a broken spring. Getting out an intact hammer spring is another matter - but not to hard with a little imagination.

10. Chester White

Chester White Member

skeezix, would you post your steps to removing hammer springs? What do you consider the right tool to be? Any thoughts on removing/replacing top lever spring?

11. skeezix

skeezix Member

Chester - PM sent

john

12. dtate10

dtate10 TS Member

Love my DT-10, really enjoy reading these posts about them. Glad to see everyone has good things to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.