1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta DT10 Top combo opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about buying a used DT10 top combo. I haven't had the chance to shoot one but have owned a couple 682 top combos and liked them. I would like your opinions on the top combo if you own one or have owned one in the past. Thanks, Dale

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Leo Harrison shoots one and does quite well with it. I often wondered where the extra value was in a DT10 over the 682 Gold E, until I looked at one closely and shot one.

The single barrel has a small piece of square steel soldered to the barrel, likely to give the same weight as the over under barrels. The look is obviously a cross bolt style lock and the trigger group can drop out and the triggers in general are crisper and lighter thant a 682 Gold E.

If you have the chance to shoot one, it would tell you if there is enough difference to justify the higher price.

John

P.S. I have DT10 unsingle combo that I would consider selling.

3. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I had one for about one year. First off it is a very fine gun. It points nice and has heft to keep the hard left and rights in the swing. That heft also comes with a price. It did feel heavy for me after the third round. It has a very interesting lock up on the barrel which is very strong and secure. The wood on mine was just gorgeous.... of course you pay for that. It was not an inexpensive trap gun. You will probably like it alot, if you can handle the weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.