1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta DT10 - anyone have one ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tattooman, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tattooman

tattooman TS Member

So what's up with the Beretta DT10. I've seen two, never shot any, but they appear to be a step up from a standard Beretta OU action, but I don't really know. So what is the deal with this model, and how does it compare in desirability and durability with other brands of trap guns ?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well, Leo Harrison III sure seems to do pretty well with his DT10... nuff said??

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have two. After several Brownings, Berettas and Perazzis, I bought a DT 10 unsingle combo. The weight, fit, trigger and adj. rib all fit me like a glove. I bought a second gun, sold off the barrels and made it a committed doubles gun. When my bad shoulder got too bad I had wood PFS grips made for both guns. I still have other guns, but the DT 10 is my go to gun. Some days I shoot good, some times I don't but it is never the gun that is at fault. Never had a broken trigger spring, doubling or opening problem. Can't be beat in my opinion. Hope this helps.

JON

4. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

I went from a 682 to a DT10. Its a better handling gun with better balance and weight distribution (for me). They all have lighter Optima barrels so be sure that fits your style. Fabulous value for the money, especialy in a used one.

There is a DT11 coming soon. Said to be a heavier gun, more like a Kreighoff than the DT10, which is probably closer to a Perazzi in handling.
    You might want to see the new one, or pickup a deal on a DT10

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you are looking for a DT-10 I have a show gun from Beretta 32/34 combo. A few dings in the wood but not $10,000.00 either . $79800.00
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Leo loves the dependablility of his.....

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Can't ask for a better endorsement than that!

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Going to be a lot of closeout deals on DT10s when the DT11 comes on the scene. Spoke with a gentleman this morning who saw the DT11 in Italy. Msrp is 7000 euro.

9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Thats ALOT of money Mike............LOL

D.P.Reynolds

10. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

my son uses a dt10, one of the nicest guns i have shot,trouble is 50 thousand rounds and it needs a tighten, is that normal. he uses 24gram shells.

11. Buckeye

Buckeye Member

My DT10 trap combo recently started "doubling" with the O/U barrels on and shooting trap doubles. I dropped the trigger group and looked it over but don't see any obvious issues. It only seems to happen shooting top barrel first. I then soaked the trigger group and cleaned it but it still does it intermittantly. Any suggestions. I do have a question to Beretta in the question pipeline on their website.

Any ideas?

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was searching the market seriously looking for a DT-10 ... I heard a lot of good from those who have them and some bad from those who once did ... I was looking and searching and happened to run into a Perazzi combo which I scooped up and sold because it truly didn't feel right or fit me ... Then back to looking for a DT -10 and I found another Perazzi Combo for not much more money and bought that instead ... The biggest problem with the Beretta high end DT-10 is its does not retain its resale value like the Perazzi's or Kregioff's do ... I gave up my search and finally settled on the Perazzi at least for now ... DT-11, HUH ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. battuedave

battuedave Member

sent you a pm

14. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I traded for one(combo) three years ago at the MO Fall Hdc. I never had a bit of trouble with the gun. I believe they are as well-built as about any trap gun on the market.

The gun seemed a little hefty for me and I could not be consistent with it.The top bbl. on the O/U also shot much higher than the bottom bbl.

I traded it last June for an MX 14L. Still learning to shoot it. Things are coming around though. Shot 100 and a 98 with it yesterday in the singles and a 96 in the hdc.

Steve E.

15. battuedave

battuedave Member

Tattooman said he was no longer looking for one.
    he bought a Perazzi.

Don't know why he hasn't said so on here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.