1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta DT-11 eye candy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bueno, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bueno

Bueno Member

This is the latest video in Italian from Beretta gallery retail store in Milan, Italy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNg4kRwDwgo
    DT-11 is already being hailed to shoot as well as it looks, with the new redesigned pistol grip and deep blue steelium barrels with an all length of barrel elongated forcing cone.
    Beretta is stressing quality this time with the new DT-11 and price was posted in Italy at $7350 Euros.
    Receiver has been made heavier for better center of gravity balance.
    I hope to see the new DT-11 soon in the states at a more reasonable price for the US market.

M

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Hotlinked for you,,,,should have have had subtitles at least :(

3. Bueno

Bueno Member

Thanks,

M

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Could you imagine being married to her, you'd never get a word in edgewise or any other wise for that matter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

From all I understood, that is a good lookin shotgun. I spect Leo may be shootin one of those one day too. Can you imagine the price of a Mossberg Gold if Leo was shootin one of those?

Hap

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Several years ago I had the chance to visit Milan on the back end of a business trip, it turned out that my hotel was just blocks away from the Beretta Gallery! I couldn't wait to go for a visit! I thought I would pop in, grab a couple of Beretta baubles maybe a shirt etc since i do shoot a Beretta! I think I may have been the only customer in the place, and while all the stuff was very nice, the least expensive item in the shop was a pair of beretta shooting socks! Shooting socks??? And A bargain at 45Euro...... Yup still wearing my Macy's "Gold toes"! Frank c

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

yeah. The receiver does look more Perazzi-like. Side ribs too. Eye candy? Uh...

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Same ol' platform.....yawn.

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Is that a bad thing Barry? After all the K and P guns have changed very little the last couple decades.

10. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

When it hits to US, please give us a top single combo. As long as I am wishin'...a LOW adjustable rib would be a killer.

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here, this is a lot easier way to view.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tNg4kRwDwgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ss

12. Bueno

Bueno Member

Lot better, many thanks!
    I saw the video again and one must skip through a lot of verbiage, but the important points are the new steelium barrels, the improved design of the internal barrel dimensions and effect in chokes and forcing cones, better arch in the pistol contours of the stock, new deep blueing method, and concentration of weight in center of gravity. Shooters are saying that it is totally different from DT-10.
    M

13. Barry C. Roach

No not a bad thing at all. Just boring.

The DT10's platform is as good, if not better than other high grade guns. Beretta's Just always seemed a bit slow on the uptake as it relates to the American trapshooters market. If they would interpret what the American trapshooter wants like Blaser, CG, Kolar and even SKB has (too bad SKB has had their problems).

Krieghoff has reinvented itself and took an old platform and updated it quite successfully.

Perazzi has always morphed their platforms into innovative applications. Since their original designs were made with competition clay target shooting and not field guns as the primary focus, their place as a high grade target gun manufacturer has been assured.

Beretta's done a great job of marketing their mid priced line and that's where their strong suit is. I hope the new DT11 is a step in the right direction for them and they make a ton of money with it. If there was no Perazzi I'd probably be shooting one or a Kolar.

14. Barry C. Roach

...............one more thing. With a company as old and successful as Beretta, marketing a gun specifically to please a pretty small segment of the shotgun shooting/hunting marketplace may not a big deal in the realm of Beretta's future.

They don't love us like we love us.

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Good last line Barry.

16. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I prefer the more classic appearance of the DT-10. My DT is the most consistently patterning shotgun I have ever owned. I would be hard pressed to believe that there is much more room for improvement.

I do wish the stock had a little more drop in it, as well as a more pronounced palm swell & pistol grip. It's such a pretty piece of wood that I hate to start cutting on it.

2d75d8d5.jpg?t=1305031799

17. Bueno

Bueno Member

Barry:
    It seems like the after market gunsmiths will always have a following, specially in the USA. I mean look how long it took the Italians to get that the old forcing cones, designed for ancient shells, where no longer needed. And that shooters wanted the flexibility of different chokes, and for that matter, I have always being recoil sensitive, and have not really understood why the main manufacturers, did not even make an effort to do some research and market a factory installed recoil absorber, that really works.
    We could go on and on, but consider that todays modern barrels are the old "backbored" barrels that shooters had to custom make, at a great expense. Same with porting, high gloss barrel polishing and tuning chokes for point of impact.
    The USA is NOT the European markets that shooters do not even like adjustable combs or choked barrels.
    And if you have shot at high altitudes with a tightly choked barrel and no other chokes, you know that you are toast, because at higher altitudes you need less choke constriction.
    In todays economy shooters want to have one gun that is capable of adapting to different disciplines and environments, that is why shooters now want flat adjustable light ribs, adjustable comb and state of the art light chokes, such as the ones marketed by Muller.
    They also do not to be punished by recoil that hurts their scores and scares away potential shooters.

18. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

This looks like a European/Olympic spec gun that has almost no use in ATA trap. Seems like for a stateside trap gun it would have to be a lot bulkier and heavier with more add-ons like adjustable POI, LOP, cast, and pitch; big palm swells, finger grooves, porting, chokes, glowing sights, hydraulics, etc. before it has a following here.

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

From what I saw of the gun it looks like it is on the platform of the Beretta 680 series as the rib is designed it will be a flat shooter, maybe for sporting clays or International shooting, it could never be a trapshooting gun for me it would not shoot high enough.

If it had a high stepped Bbl that would be different.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. Bueno

Bueno Member

Remember guys that the DT-11 you saw on the video, was designed for the European market, not the American trap market, which would use a totally different gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta dt-11 trap point of impact

beretta dt11 forum

beretta dt11 in milano