1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta DT 10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dcb_wvu, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Am looking to purchase one of these in a double set. Have not found a combo just yet at the right price. At any rate, the Beretta literature says that the Skeet and Sporting Clays models have a 50/50 POI. The same literature says the Trap model has a high POI; anyone know what they may be? I would also assume this is with a sight picture of stacked beads or figure 8. I know that moving the comb can adjust this but without a moveable rib the sight picture is different. Would like to know what the starting point is.

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Excuse me for not quite understanding what you are really asking. First of all, are wanting to purchase a sporting or trap set? I am sure that you know that the trap mod. has an adjustable rib on the single bbl.

My trap unsingle shoots approx. 90% high with the rib set in the bottom position and comb set to see a fig. 8. I spent a lot of time patterning at the bench and counting holes with the unsingle. The O/U is a different story. The first thing I did was to check POI @ 13 yds. with both bbls. using full chokes in each. I found that the top bbl. shoots higher than the bottom bbl.;therefore I shoot top bbl. first when shooting doubles.

Each gun may be different and will require time at the bench. I have not seen anything printed by Beretta that states what their percentages are for each setting (nothing in my manual.

Take care, good luck, and good shooting

Steve E.

3. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Thanks, guys.

Steve, I am looking at the double only barrel set in trap configuration. Sorry if that was not clear above. So the data on the unsingle is good but not pertinent at the moment, thanks anyway. The data on the double is spot on to my question. I am wanting to know what I am starting with and possibly what adjustments can be made from there. If as "lovethepsort" thinks, the starting point is 60/40, a comb adjustment can get me to 70 or so with any problem.

I will try the bench work and pattern the barrels; did not have time and thought that shooting it would hope to prove otherwise. Since I am looking at a double only set, I will be shooting this gun for all disciplines of trap until I can find an unsingle barrell.

I shot the gun yesterday and it seemed to be shooting a bit low in that I was hitting the bottom on my straight aways or shooting under/behind them. I did not have time between rounds to do any adjustments to the comb to change the POI. I have since done them and hope to shoot it on Wed. And as above, if 60/40 is the starting point, the comb only moves so far with the Beretta system in it so 70 to 75 may be the highest it will go.

The literature from Beretta is scarce of any real useful info. I have an SKB combo that has more info in the manual than what I found in the Beretta lit.

4. lexbizket

lexbizket Member

Well, from past experience, the POI that beretta says it has doesnt really mean when you buy that model its going to exactly shoot that. Ive see on O/U that the barrels dont have the exact POI, ive seen the as much as 10" off on paper at 27 yards w/ a slug on benchrest w/ a figure 8 bead. I did this so i could exactly see the relation from top to bottom barrel POI, when you shoot pigeons and money is on the line, there can be NO Room for error.

5. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Good stuff guys, thanks. A slug from the bench, never though of that but that would sure let you know where they are pointing. Hope to pattern her today. Of course, we got snow so who knows if the club will be open. Otherwise it's Friday morning at the house with the wife throwing targets, she so loves that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dt 10 beretta trap

fusil ball trap beretta dt 10