1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta DT-10 Owner Opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about buying a Beretta DT-10 top combo 32in. over and under and 34in. top single and was looking to get some opinions on them. I know they don't make them any more so it would have to be a used one. Any opinions good or bad from people that have owned one would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Dale

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

You should be able to do a search and get lots of feedback. This question comes up frequently. They are great guns. I have two. Leo Harrison III shoots one. Solid and dependable.

JON

3. releasebob

releasebob Member

What Jon said,if your considering a topsingle keep in mind they shoot pretty flat mine was 60/40 at best with the beads stacked.BOB

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Love my DT-10. Won two state championships with it. Yes, flat shooting. Fred

5. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

I like mine,built like tanks mine is the unsingle combo 32/34. Would like to try a top single. I shoot flat shooting guns best I love the games.

John G.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

There's one on GBs like John G above---$9,500.00 NIB---SJB

7. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thank you Southjblue

No need for 2 DT10s only need a top single Brl.this gun will out last me.

John G.

8. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Been shooting mine 10 years now, i have the unsingle 34/32 combo, gun is built like a tank and just as reliable if you shoot alot it will i believe last forever, in 10 years ive only changes 1 cocking rod spring 5 buck and back out shooting, the lock style cant wear out, some of the othe posts say there flat shooting my unsingle but you can adjust it to shoot anywere, Only real drawback i have found is it is a heavy gun so if you like a lighter gun you may not like it. I lost track of how many rounds ive run thru this gun.
    Steve

9. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

John G. You may have to look a long time to find a barrel for sale and it will probably not be cheap! Great gun though, John T.

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

They could very well be the best assembly line type gun on the made. While I replace a couple primary parts every year for peace of mind there is not much that I know of. I have two combos. Probably the best buy in used guns out there (jmo).

11. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Great solid gun! I have an unsingle. Finally, after 5000 rds the action will slooooly open by gravity alone. Seems to be an easy shooter, with little felt recoil. Got back into the game a year ago after a 20 yr lay off. Wasn't a good shooter then and not great now, but Just had a release done and I am running about 96% average. Derek

12. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I bought a sporting version about 9 months ago that had O/U 32" barrels. I wanted the sporter because I was going to partake in sporting clays. All I had before this was trap guns. I needed something flatter shooting. So this sporter was perfect. Then I found out that you can pretty much interchange the barrels and I bought a brand new top single barrel that Joel Etchen had listed on his website under used guns. The barrel clipped right on with no fitting required. I am set now. I take one gun case out of the safe and I can shoot singles, handicap, doubles and sporting clays all with the same gun.

I bought the gun used and one of the inertia springs broke right after buying it. I bought some replacement springs from Brownells and replaced them myself. I love the drop out trigger feature and bought a spare trigger on trapshooters that I can swap out in case I ever break another interia spring. You need to know that if that spring breaks, you are done with that event if you are shooting doubles. The gun won't re-set itself after firing.

13. plaw

plaw Active Member

there is an unsingle combo on ts forsales that is like new for 5800.00 that is a hell-of-a buy. they have a locking system that is as good as you can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.