1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%% Beretta DT-10 Eye Candy ##

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Well I wanted to display a little eye candy for a skeet shooter in Indiana. The gun is a DT-10 and it featurers our Delrin add-on rib to allow the shooter to have his head up to see around the gun better. The wood is a California Feather Claro Walnut blank. I hope that the customer is pleased with his choice and good luck to him and shoot it well. The gun will arrive to him on Tuesday this coming week. So a little sneak preview. As always thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & the Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I like the wood. Very nice figure.

3. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

Oooooooooooh!

4. dws

dws TS Member

The wood is spectacular and the rib is very nice

5. indycamster

indycamster Member

What a shame to waste all that wood on a Skeet gun...(tongue in cheek)

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I am without speech!!!!

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dennis I used to know a song about Skeeter's but I won't sang it here ok it was really about them other kind of insect misquotes.

Anyway im sure the Skeeter will be happy with the wood and rib you done.

Nice Job.

Foggy

8. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Dennis,

That's the most extreme pitch I've ever seen on a shotgun.

I'm curious how that fitting was accomplished to arrive at such a radical pattern. Seems you would have had to spend a lot of time on the skeet field with the fella. Was that part of the process?

Beautiful wood amd woodwork, BTW.

9. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

To Mike,

Yes we spent a ton of time on the field and after, the gun was taken home by the owner and he shot the pattern stock all summer before returning it to me in the late fall. The pitch was done to fit his body and to me that is what custom fitting is all about. It is not what I like or a certain look but our main concern here is for the improvement of the shooter. And yes this was done as part of our process that we do with every fitting that is done. Remember when a shooters head comes up and they stand more erect the pitch has to change and the LOP has to get shorter to fit the more erect position. Thank you for the comment.

Dennis DeVault

10. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're the only one who should be allowed to use the phrase "eye candy" in the heading! You always deliver, that is a beauty.

11. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Thanks for the courteous reply, Dennis!

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Dennis,

I never tire of seeing the work that your shop puts out. Your shop does some of the finest work these eyes have ever seen. Thank you for sharing such a magnificent piece of art.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.