1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta disappointment...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by code5coupe, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I just bought a 682 Gold E Combo, thinking that it's time for a premium gun.

First thing I noticed, after getting it home (10-day waiting period here), was that the bluing job was atrocious. The polishing on the barrels look like it was stopped about halfway through the process.
    The bluing job on my Ruger's is better by far. Heck, my BPS has bluing that is superior: deep, dark, glossy and even; everything the Beretta's isn't!!

The wood is great, and the bells/whistles are nice....but the bluing is not what I'd expect from a gun the carries an MSRP of nearly $5000. Anyone else experience the same thing with Beretta, or did I get a Friday afternoon gun?

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Who did you order the gun from?

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Local seller.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

If it was local you could not have inspected the gun before purchase?

My understanding and please correct me if I'm wrong is that with waiting periods your actually purchasing the gun, doing all nescesary paperwork and then waiting 10 days to pick up your purchase and that during the 10 days the locality is doing the background check and such on you or am I wrong? If I am correct on the above you should have been able to inspect the gun before the purchase, background check and waiting 10 days and if I am wrong you still should have been able to inspect the gun before purchase.

I dont think you've yet to tell us the whole story on this matter ... just what exactly transpired on the entire transaction? Even if it was from an internet local source there should still be some sort of inspection process and set time that you have to return the weapon if for some reason your not satisfied with it. It really sounds like you aint told the whole story yet.

BTW ... I think it might be a little buyers remorse as well that is making you really really picky or can you post some pics on this weapon and show us what your speaking of because this does not sound like a new Beretta at all ... or was it used and not new???

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

lumper, please consider this, it's not a "weapon" till it's used as such. In the meantime, it's a sporting firearm used on clay,paper, tin cans etc. A baseball bat isn't called a weapon either till it's used as such? Just one of my pet peeves the antis love to use against firearms owners in general! Hap

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hap ... no matter what general name you give it the anti's use it against firearms owners.

BTW ... I aint never heard of anybody keeping peeves as pets before, what kind of animal or fish or exactly what is a peeve?

7. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

NO more questions asked....$500.00...RIGHT NOW! Gimme a call!...lb

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

lumper guy, it's that lil fellow standin on my shoulder always brodcastin negetive thoughts. Mine's named Peevo for short, ugly lil plick too. :) Hap

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The bluing on my 682 x combo barrels is more like a matte finish done intentionally to eliminate glare. I don't know if the gun you ordered was supposed to have a bright finish or not. Sounds like that is what you expected. The barrel bluing on my 686 Silver is top shelf deep blue on highly polished steel so I know Beretta is capable of turning out good bluing jobs.

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Wolfram ... the finish in my 686 White Onyx is the same as you describe on your 682 combo. From the Beretta's I have seen most of the sporting models (trap, skeet & sporting clay guns) the bluing is more of a dull/matte finish to keep the glare down and done for that specific reason. I have seen other field and fancy schmancy guns with a very deep lustrey blued finished.

I think you might be partially correct in thinking that he maybe thought it would be something else and with paying as much as he did only irks him even more with a buyers remorse sort of situation ...

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I had one a Beretta Gold E for a couple years, and the bluing on that gun was as good the day I sold it as it was the day I got it.

Never saw a problem with it.

Hauxfan!

12. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

You WISH, lb. :)

lumper; I fail to see how the waiting period or the buying conditions would affect the bluing. I'm asking if gloss (this is not a matte finish) bluing on Beretta's is typically worse than on a BPS.

The guys on this forum who have actually owned Beretta's are telling me no. Looks like I got a Friday afternoon gun....

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Did you or did you not inspect the gun before actual purchase?

I have dealt with waiting periods before and I have never ... and I will repeat NEVER not been given the chance to inspect the BANG BANG (is that proper terms Hap) before purchase and the 10 day waiting period. If for some reason you were asked to purchase, wait 10 days and was not allowed to inspect your BOOMER (can we say that word also) before taking it home than I will just bluntly say it ... you were an igit to lay out that cash and not inspect it and question the bluing before purchase.

You aint an igit are ya? Like I said before there is more to this story ... there are some details you aint saying ... there is something else that your not telling us.

Are you thinking matte as in the finish of say a Remington 11-87 Special Purpose? Almost a black parkerized finish? If you are than you are incorrect in your term and thoughts ... the Beretta could be considered a low luster blue instead of a high luster blue.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Bang Bangs and Boomers Lumper? What's next ... big thunder stick or ..?

Actually weapon is an okay term, it doesn't imply intent only capability. I generally intend to use my ugly 682x as an offensive weapon against the clays every now and then it is just a bang bang.

LMAO

15. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

What sort of details do you want, lumper? Selling price? My age? Color of my eyes?

You're worried about why I didn't refuse to accept the gun.
    I'm concerned whether bluing issues are normal with Beretta.

I have my answer.
    I'm satisfied.

16. mike b.

mike b. Member

Code , $1000 sight UNSEEN??

17. chessney

chessney TS Member

There's that Wanker word again? Ziggy

18. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

MikeB.....who pays shipping, you or I??
    :)

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

I'll pay $1100 and the shipping sight unseen ... oh wait ... is it a bottom single or a top single combo? ;-)

20. mike b.

mike b. Member

Code, Enjoy your hunt, see you next week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.