1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Customer Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Have any of you dealt personally with Beretta? How was customer service? I am looking at buying a no longer made gun, and was wondering how service was.

Many thanks!

2. WJN

WJN TS Member

I have been dealing with them for the last three weeks. I can't really give you a definitive answer until I see my gun. They have been pretty easy to communicate with. There service manager is very nice in Maryland. I have not dealt with their regional service centers as I was referred directly to Maryland.

Jim

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

I have heard horror stories from friends. However, Coles is an authorized service center for Beretta, and I have used them and it's been a pleasure. If they service it, I'd go with them.

LMS

4. Butch257

Butch257 TS Member

I called Beretta service to ask about my chokes being so tight screwing in the barrels I had to use the wrench all the way in. The rep immediately gave me a work order number and pickup order for UPS. The next day UPS picked up my barrels on March 5th and I received my repaired barrels back on March 27th. All under warrenty. And the chokes now go all the way in with my fingers, and yes they stay relatively tight.

I can't complain about the service I received.

5. Lawman214

Lawman214 TS Member

I have dealt with Beretta in Accokeek on a couple of occasions, and my experiences have been 100% positive. Fast responses to my inquiries, and outstanding service. When I bought a new 682 last year, the interior of the case had a small crack...no doubt from rough handling during shipping. I contacted Beretta to see what their advice would be, and I had a brand new case on my porch three days later. It don't get much better than that.

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

in referance to a "no longer made gun"-- there are many qualified beretta guru's to work on it and probably cheaper!!!

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Looking at a DT10 Sporter which has been replaced by DT11. Was curious on how they would handle service versus the other big 2.....Krieghoff & Perazzi.

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I sent a 682 in because the barrels were not regulated. It
    took four months and a letter to the President of Beretta
    to get them back. Upon receipt, the bottom barrel still
    shot low and right. I traded it for a different brand.

9. archangel

archangel Member

I have had nothing but positive experiences with both Coles and Beretta in Accokeek. My new gun had a problem: The top lever was almost bottomed out on one of the barrel sets. I first sent it to Coles then it was sent to beretta for further evaluation. Beretta recieved it on the Thursday before Easter. On Good Friday I called the person who runs the shop and got his voice mail. I thought maybe they were closed so I called the parts department. The parts manager said the shop manager was in and said he would have the gunsmith call me back, with-in 5 min he called me and said he was looking at the gun, I said great and I would pester him no longer. Last Thursday he called me to update me that the gun was done, went over proper care and lubrication. He went on to say the o/u barrel had some marks, I said yes I know I'm not worried about those, normal wear and tear, he said they reblued it for me. It should be in my hands on monday, i'll use it tuesday, that's fast. Everyone involved:Coles, Beretta, and Etchens were first rate and their was great communication. Let me also say this was a 682 not one of their premium guns
    sorry if this is long mike

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

11. WJN

WJN TS Member

Got my gun back and it looks great. Rick Gump with BerettaUSA was very helpful and easy to communicate with.

My issue was a manufacturing problem with the stock. I was very nervous about what stock I would get back since the only way to resolve the issue was a new stock. The replacement is as nice if not nicer than the original which was very nice wood.

Thanks Rick!

Jim

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hmmm....things must have REALLY CHANGED recently....having shot Berettas for over 30 years I can only remember almost criminal ineptitude and HORRIBLE service....my guns always went to Rich Cole......

Either things have drastically changed...

Or, some posting on this thread are Beretta employees/PR men.....

13. Lawman214

Lawman214 TS Member

No PR man here, just a regular Joe. While YMMV, my experiences with Beretta have been nothing but positive. Like with any customer service issue, the attitude of the customer often has a lot to do with the level of service received. I have found the proper amount of humility and deference goes a long way. The responses I have received have been geared toward satisfying the customer (me), and their quality of response has exceeded my expectations. I really couldn't ask for anything more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rick gump beretta