1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta combo question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikkeeh, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I recently purchased a 680 combo......well, unsingle and O/U. Serial #'s dont match. I was told the O/U was fitted properly by a Beretta smith. Anyway....the recoil from the O/U seems significantly greater than the unsingle. Doesn't make much sense.....same shells.....lower barrell is in the same position as the unsingle with less choke restriction....but recoil is indeed different. Any thoughts / ideas????

2. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

My 682 combo feels the same. Barrels are 34/30 and the 34 unsingles are known to be muzzle heavy.

Mike

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Are the O/U barrels the Optima type? - Beretta's version of backbored - or are they the older style? Regards, Ed

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Is there some kind of a weight or mercury recoil reducer in the top of the unsingle tube set?

5. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

"Are the O/U barrels the Optima type? - Beretta's version of backbored - or are they the older style? Regards, Ed

Im pretty sure they're the old type.

"Is there some kind of a weight or mercury recoil reducer in the top of the unsingle tube set? "

Not that Im aware of 34' unsingle, 32'O/U

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

mikkeeh,

Look down the bores of both the unsingle and the O/U.

Look at the area where the forcing cone is in all three barrels. I had a set of 682 O/U barrels years ago that hade some very short, abrupt forcing cones. This seemed to cause a bit more "felt recoil" than my other barrels. I had the forcing cones lengthened and the "felt recoil" was reduced substantionally.

I know there are a lot of shooters that consider lengthening forcing cones to snake oil, but I'm not one of them. Some of those older barrels really benefit from this simple little proceedure.

ss

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Does the Unsingle barrel weigh more than the O/U?

Different balance point of each barrel.

That is all I can think of at the moment.

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.