1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Closer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

your description is spot on: it walks out on you! but here's the bigger issue: take it out, flip it over and take a look under the thumb paddle. it's a rubber coated piece of stamped steel. guess what? every time you press down on that thing to release the bolt, those raw stamped edges are pressing down directly against the finish on your receiver! believe me, i know. i bought a ballistic specialties because i like the one piece design, it saves the finish plus it takes much less effort to operate than the beretta extension! a buddy of mine has a briley extension on his gun. either way, it'll be the best money you've ever spend on that gun, guaranteed. good luck with it

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

piece of junk.. buy the briley, devault,angleport or others and they work much better. most of them are about 75 dollars and take about 20 minutes to install and you can do it yourself motordoc

3. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I've got an angleport on the way. Does installation require any drilling or tapping, anything tricky about it?

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

gyrine,

Very straight forward proceedure like Pat said. This is also a good time to scrub the gun down good as you'll have it all apart anyway.

ss

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Angleports work well and look good.

6. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I bought the devault closer and it came with all the tools,paper clip everything needed to change it. Took about 10 min. Good Luck,Tim

7. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Change it out on a white paper towel,makes it easy to see all parts..............GOOD LUCK

8. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

I saw a YOUTUBE clip that shows you how to swap them out. I use the Briley on my 391 they sent simple instructions for mine. the youtube clip I found just messing around it is a good clip to watch if you need help.

9. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

Angleport is extremely easy to install. I believe it took about 15-20 minutes.

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

delete

the problem with those closers is that if you carry your gun with your hand wrapped around the receiver, you close the bolt all the time. I took it off my pigeon gun. (391)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.