1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Choke Tubes/

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm curious, will screw-in chokes from say an autoloader fit in an O/U if there from the same gauge? I ask because I own an older 687S O/U in 20 ga. I'd like to buy a few differnt chokes for it.

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

They are interchangeaable " IF " they are the same type... Beretta makes more than just one type Mobil and Optmia, not to mention some others like Optima Plus, you have to check out what type you have.

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Bruce:

Beretta has three different types of chokes in use. Mobil chokes, which are the older type, generally used in most older Berettas (including older competition guns as well as field guns and some newer field guns),and are for standard bores, Optima chokes, used in current competition guns, (bores are overbore for competition), and the Optima Plus, which is used in current slightly overbore field guns. These choke types are not interchangeable, as the size and threads are different for each. Chokes are only interchangeable within their type (mobil, optima, optima plus).

Jim R

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information I'll see what I have and order if still made the coorect tubes.

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Bruce

Go to the URL above (Briley chokes) and order the CORRECT choke tube for your fire arm!

Frank

6. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Pretty sure Beretta only make mobil chokes for the 20ga ,28ga and.410 so they're all the same. Optima and optima plus are in the 12 ga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.