1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Choke Tube?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by todd farris, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

I need some help with a Beretta choke id. I have an older 682 Trap Combo and the choke tubes have dots on the side. 3 dots, 2 dots, 1. I know the single dot is tighter than the others but what do they represent. Is the single full or extra full?

thanks for the help

Todd Farris

2. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

It's not the easiest link to find, but Beretta USA customer service lists each on their usa site. The search criteria is "How can I tell which choke tubes fit in my shotgun?"

*** Mod
    ** Imp Mod
    * Full

TNCoach

3. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Todd, My 682 uses the Mobile system. There should also be notches at the rim to indicate the choke. One dot or notch is full, 2 is IM and 3 is Mod. Unless they are very worn the choke should be etched on the side of the tube.

Mike Adcock

4. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

Thanks, guys. I am the second owner of the gun and although it was purchased in the mid 80s, it hasn't been shot much. There is no inscription on the side of the tubes, just the dots. Anyways, this is good info as I am surprised at how the imp mod will powder a target with 1oz of 8s. Thanks for the help.

Todd

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Have someone throw a bore gage thru them and write the constriction down on a card you can keep in the gun box...

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta choke tube markings

choke tube dots