1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta choke tube markings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by txkpistol, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

I have a number of Beretta flush choke tubes. One of the tubes is etched on the body stating that it is MOD with three *** and is marked with corresponding (Three) cuts on the treaded end of the choke tube. Also have a number of tubes NOT etched but they do have cuts on the threaded ends. Will someone tell me whats whats for each of the cuts?

Zero cut =?
    One cut =?
    Two cuts =?
    Three cuts = Modified
    Four cuts =?
    Five cuts=?

Also have a choke tube that has NO cuts but has one machined dimple on the side and no etching. Don’t have a clue as to what size it is.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I = F, II = IM, III = M, IIII = IC, IIIII = C, no notch = sk.

3. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

0 notch skeet,1 notch full, 2 notch improved modified, 3 notch modified,4 notch improved cylinder, 5 notch cylinder . Good luck Jim

4. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

How about the choke tube that has NO cuts but has one machined dimple on the side and no etching. Would it be a skeet choke?

Mark

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

mark, that one is probably a full choke tube. Same as the notches but dots. Hap

6. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

You should measure the exit diameter of the choke with the dimple and compare it with the other known chokes. Seems like it may be some kind of custom choke. I would guess same as Hap that it is full or extra full.

Also be aware that the no notches "Skeet" choke has negative constriction, ie the exit diameter is larger than the bore size. Unless it is marked as "US Skeet", then it has .005" of constriction.

7. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

The dimpled/dotted choke does seem thicker in construction. I bet its a full choke. Thanks guys.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta choke identification

beretta choke markings

beretta choke notches
beretta choke tube identification

beretta choke tube markings

beretta choke tube notches
beretta choke tubes markings
beretta chokes identification