1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by beretta682, Jun 14, 2013.

1. beretta682

beretta682 Member

the beretta 682 i recently purchased came with the original hard case. but, i do not know the combination. it has a little pin through the dials, and they display 000 on all three. the case opens and closes normally. i was going to see if anyone knew if that is the factory combo, and if so how would i set it to a different one? thanks in advance,

Cole Redding.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I left the plastic pin through mine. It's still on 000 like it came. Never felt the need to lock it. When I get home from a shoot the gun gets cleaned and put in the safe.

3. beretta682

beretta682 Member

thats great but mine is going to be kept at my local gun club. i know the manager wont let anyone steal it, i just dont want people fondling it while im not around.

4. beretta682

beretta682 Member

i dont know how to set it....

5. beretta682

beretta682 Member

6. skeezix

skeezix Member

Instructions from the beretta website

http://www.berettasupport.com/apps/images/caselockinstructions.pdf

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Alright, if you must.

Open the case so the lock is open. Pull the pin. Then set the combination to whatever you want it. Then close the lock. The lock will now be set to the combination you set. Make sure its something you remember.

A word of caution. When you have your case open, if you accidentally bump the numbers and close the case, you have now set it to a new combination. If you happened to not notice this happened, have fun opening it. Thus the reason I choose to leave the pin in it. Been there, done that.

Just Say'n.......

8. beretta682

beretta682 Member

thanks guys, ill either set the locks or just get a big padlock to go around the handle so you cant get it open lol

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I sell a kit to open it if you lock it by mistake ... The kit consists of a hammer and chisel and is a universal opener for most cases ... WPT ... (YAC) ...