1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta BL-4 info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DblAdb, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DblAdb

DblAdb TS Member

Traded for a BL-4 20 gauge, does anyone have an idea of age etc. Thanks for any help. Mike

2. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

I bought one new back in the mid 80's. Regards, Bob

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Imported by Garcia for the most part, superseded by an "S" series that didn't do real well.

I have had several of the older Berettas and never had a problem with any of them.

Still use one for hunting.

HM

4. hunter870

hunter870 Member

My BL4 12ga was built in the late 70s. I got it in a swap for a Remington 1100 trap gun and some opals outside of a bar near Sidney in '88. I've been using it as a field gun ever since - even shoot skeet and clays with it from time to time, and never had a moment of difficulties. I like the older Berettas...they're solid guns. Last time I checked, they were going for around $900 on the auction sites. As I recall, I had to put a pad on mine to increase the LOP a bit and soften the kick...when I first got it, it pretty well hammered my shoulder. Congrats on your acquisition!

5. DblAdb

DblAdb TS Member

Thanks for the insights. Sounds like I got a "deal" on a tight little bird shooter. I took it out on a sporting clays station yesterday and hit all that I shot at (three pair)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta bl4 age

beretta bl4 info

info on beretta s series shotguns from the seventies