1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta BL-3 choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lostintheozone, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

Anyone had tubes installed on a gun with chrome lined barrels. I have a BL-3 that I may want to put tubes in, not sure yet. I've heard that it isn't a problem if you know who to send it to. Any recommendations? Thanks. Jim

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I was going to have my BL-3 threaded for choke tubes, but decided against it. The barrel walls are so thin that both Briley and Wrights said the treading would show as bulges. I saw such a gun. The walls were thin so when the tap was turned to cut the threads, the tap pushed the threads outward. There was a perfect spiral showing on the outside of both barrels. It was not attractive.

3. hunter870

hunter870 Member

I have a BL4 with Colonial thin wall chokes installed about 15 years ago and have never had a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.