1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Barrel help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GE-Minigun, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GE-Minigun

GE-Minigun Member

Would like some help if possible. I have a Beretta 687 EELL Skeet gun that I would like to get a set of 32” barrels fitted, however…after spending $100 shipping it to Cole’s to have a set fit I found out that current production barrels cannot be fitted. Gun in question was built in 1995 and I’ve been told it’s a large frame gun; can anybody shed some light on where I might be able to get a set of 32” barrels that CAN be fitted? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Eric

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pachmayer had some a while back. I don't know what configurations they had. Check their site or call.

I looked on Gunbroker, and Monsoor's in LaCrosse, Wi has a set of 32 inch trap barrels with 3 chokes. Mash the link.

HM

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You might check with Joel Etchen as well.

4. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Why cant they fit them?

I have a matte finished mono top fixed choke on my 687 SP II and 682 gold E

5. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Suggest you contact Mike Battista at Silver Dollar. He seems to be very helpful with these kinds of questions and often has barrels in stock.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

6. mag410

mag410 Active Member

The current manufacture 682 Optima-bore barrels are narrow frame and are a bit larger in diameter than the pre-Optima barrels, so the fore end has to be opened up a bit, other than that I don't an issue with fitting new barrels to an older heavy frame receiver. What did Cole's say was the issue?

Michael Goines

7. GE-Minigun

GE-Minigun Member

This was last year when I sent the gun to Cole's so memory is little off.

They mentioned there was a gap at the bottom of the receiver they could not get out. Gun was built in 1995 and is a Skeet gun, have no idea if that makes a difference. I really do not want to sell the gun to get what I want, nor do I want to purchase a new gun. It really doesn’t make much sense to me that they cannot be fitted, but then again I’m not a gunsmith...however I do play one on weekends. ;0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.