1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Automatic Safety

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g36, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g36

g36 Member

Could someone please explain how to unhook an automatic safety on a beretta 686 over and under
    Thanks Ted...

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What's an automatic safety? I have a 682 but not real familiar with the other 680 models. My 682 Unsingle has a small set screw that locks the barrel selector/safety switch so that it can't be moved.

Matt

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have removed earlier Beretta automatic savety mechanisms and it's quite simple.

You take off the stock and there is a removable bar coming from the operating lever to the safety knob, on the underside ov the tang.

It was held in by a small flap secured by a screw. Take it out and the automatic safety ceases tofunction.

HM

4. skeezix

skeezix Member

Look at the attached Beretta schematic. Lower left corner there is a diagram of the automatic safety. You need part no. 99 to go away.

Just left of the schematic that shows part no. 99, you will see a diagram with parts 86, 101 and 102. Those parts are a hammer block that prevents the hammers from hitting the firing pin if you bump the triggers before the gun is fully closed.

http://www.berettaservices.com/Moduli/ContentManager/publicfiles/PDF%20Esplosi%20Arma%20Parti%20Speciali/e682g_ge.pdf

The gun will operate without the hammer block - but it is possible to fire the gun before the action is fully closed if you take out the automatic safety linkage and do not install these parts.

john

5. skeezix

skeezix Member

I never would, but the other guy might.

gloves, distraction, murphy, etc.

I have a 686 that was modified by just removing the linkage and it's never been an issue. But if you pull apart a newer 682 manual safety gun - the hammer block parts are there. I'm sure its legal CYA. But if you are going to modify the safety, you should be aware of what the results are.

John

6. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Prepare to cringe on this solution! If you want to permanently disarm the auto safety, you don't have to take anything apart. Part 89 is what sets the safety when the locking latch moves to the rear upon opening the gun. Just cut off the hanging down finger that contacts the locking latch (27) with a Dremel tool cutting disk and its done!

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

You don't even have to cut it, just bend it out of the way with needle nose pliers. I fixed mine that way and I could probably bend it back if I wanted but I can't imagine why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 686 auto safety
beretta 686 auto safety resetting

beretta auto safety

beretta onyx safety
how to diable 686 auto safety
how to remove auto safety from 686 sp1
removing auto safety on shotgun
safety off berreta 686