1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Auto Stock Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biercart, Jun 27, 2013.

1. biercart

biercart Member

Will 390 wood sets work on a 303 receiver?

2. Seamus O'Caiside

Seamus O'Caiside Active Member

No, but ...

A few weeks ago I was searching for a machine-inlet stock blank with high-grade wood for an AL-3 (same receiver shape as a 303) and could not find one. There are plenty of high-grade stocks for 390 or 391, but not for the AL- or 30x series models. After some investigation, I came to the conclusion that it would not be hard for a decent stockmaker to modify an unfinished and uncheckered 390 or 391 stock to make it fit a 303 or AL-3. It would not work so well with a checkered stock, because part of the checkering would have to be sanded off.

Cole's has some nice machine-inletted stocks (unfinished, uncheckered) for the 303. They are Turkish walnut, and some have better-than-average figure in them. I bought the best 2 he had, and one of them is currently in the shop for finishing/checkering.

This applies only to the buttstock - I don't think there is any way a 390 forearm could be adapted to a 303.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have an AL-1 and a 303, and the foreends don't interchange without adding a spacer under the magazine cap. Mark

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

A 390 stock will work very easy on a 303 receiver. Just need to switch out the recoil tubes. A 390 forearm and barrel will also work fine if you have the gas parts to switch out. Mag tubes are the same. You need the gas valve spring and foot, mag cap shaft and the piston. You will also need to swap out the mag caps and then use a 390 barrel. 303's and 390's can be half breeds or complete swap overs very easy.

Search tags for this page

stocks for a beretta 390 auto loder