1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Auto falls apart at trap club!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Luckyman, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I was at my trap club last night and witnessed a Beretta 391 Auto proceed to fall apart!!! I thought these were the best Auto loaders around!!!!

Boy was I wrong!!!!

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Luckyman you truely are a jerk. Nobody on here really cares about your Browning Gold BS

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

This is not about a Browning Cuban Cigar jerk!!!! The funny thing is it's the truth!!! BTW I shoot a BT-100!!!!! The timing of this event couldn't be better don't you think???

Boooohoooo!!!!

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

no more of this language.

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

BoooHoo!! Why is that Tron? Because someones gun fell apart?? BTW this is the honest to gods truth!!!!!

6. cubancigar2000

He's just trolling again, trying to convince himself that the Beretta is junk. I guess he doesn't realize that millions of people own them and very few own the Gold and that there is a reason

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

No convincing necessary!! I witnessed just how big a piece of junk they are first hand!!! LOL!!! The funny thing is it's the truth!!! Truth must really hurt!!! Why do you keep bringing up the Gold? I didn't mention anything about any GOLD...I don't even shoot a GOLD for trap!

Again...Booohooo!!!

8. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

I thank god my dad left me his Beretta 391 when he passed. Granted it's a Custom Devault, but it's in the top 2 guns I have ever shot. The other being a Beretta 682 my dad bought for me when I was 13. Both guns have helped me win my share of events. And yes, I have shot K80's, bt-99, 90t's, kolar's, etc... But give me a Beretta any day of the week.

Curt Kinsey

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Not the one I personally witnessed fall apart yesterday that's for sure!! Maybe you got a good one!!!

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Please don't feed the trolls.

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

What Tron said

12. cubancigar2000

I think we have another Trappy here ( has not grown up yet)

13. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

I have got a little time to kill so will help you out in your quest to prove the Gold is better that the 391. You sure are staying at it.

While I have never seen a 391 "fall apart", I do remember owning one a few years back that was a brand new SC gun that did not function properly as it would not feet the second shell correctly from the magazine into the chamber. A lot of other shooters had this same problem at this time as Beretta had changed the shell lifter, going from one with a slight bend, to a straighter unit, and many of these new guns would not work properly.

Many were sent back to Beretta under warranty and when they came back, they still would not function properly, as they still had the same shell lifter. The common advice given by many shooters was to sent the guns off to Cole's and have them install the older model shell lifter. A lot of people did this ---so, they were sending guns in to Coles that were still under warranty and paying out of their own pocket to have them fixed. Less than ideal.

Having owned both, I think that the Golds are more handy to load shooting SC; push a shell into the magazine tube and it cycles automatically into the chamber and then shove in the second. The system Beretta uses is somewhat combersome by comparison (even more so for un-loading the magazine tube); especially to those shooters used to the 1100/1187 guns.

On the other hand, about the only big "brand name" shooter I can think of who still shoots the Gold is Cory Kruse. He has shot one for years and does quite well.

14. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Lucky-trappy,

What came apart? If it was the rib on a Teknys, that's old hat and you need to come up with something new. I have never handled a single piece of man made equipment that was perfect. The good Lord has even screwed up once or twice, we know this by your posts!

Grow up and when you become a bit more civilized come back and say "Hi".

ec90t

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

"Falls Apart" is pretty vague. Means nothing without the why's, history of the gun, and what allegedly failed. Example: I know of a top shooter in the vet class who shoots a Beretta auto for singles. He also has a grand slam to his credit. But...he likes to "hot rod" and has a stronger non-stock spring in the trigger of his Beretta auto. Sometimes parts in the trigger break because of that change. I guess he doesn't mind that "problem" for allegedly better locktime and performance.

So...is it the fault of Beretta, fault of the "guntuner", or nobody's fault?
    Did the Beretta that fell apart have a background of never being inspected between shoots, hunting trips, or whatever?

Anything mechanical will, eventually, "fall apart" given enough use mixed in with neglect. Add plain bad luck into the equation, and everything will fall apart. I feel the real question is: How reliable is the mechanical item, on average, statistically, when it is maintained within the recommendations of the factory and if that mechanical device is modified, how do specific modifications hinder or help the mechanical device.

So yup, I am convinced that all three of my Beretta autos, a 303, a 390, and a 391 will all fall apart one day. I just have no idea when, and am sure it won't be tomorrow. But I betcha I could make one fail quickly with a super strong hammer spring, super hot loads, a gas piston spring left out, a loose forend screw etc. Would that be the fault of the quality and design of the gun?

16. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I have owned Beretta Autos beginning with an AL2 back in the Seventies. In fact I shot one 303 for over 12 years. I never had to change one part in the 303 as long as I owned it. Don't shoot much anymore but when I do it's with the 303. I have never owned a 391.

BB

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think a 12 pack fell apart.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Still the gun of choice in the SC game, waterfowl blinds and Argentenian dove fields,,,,yep they "fall apart" all the time,,,,what an idiot who would try to bait without pictures or facts,,,,must still be sleeping with his teddy bear....

19. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It has been reported that Cory Kruse is going to be shooting the Blaser O/U.
    Unlike trap, you are only allowed three malfunctions in a round of 100, and since all the targets in sporting clays require two shots, all the top shooters have given up on the Browning Gold. However, the opposite is true of the Beretta 391. A large percentage of sporting clays shooters are shooting the 391 including the National and U.S. Open champion.

20. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Unfortunately I don't carry my camera to the trap range....I will get full report from the owner and complete my thread!!!!

Lets not kill the messenger here people as much as the facts may hurt I am reporting what I saw...I was more concerned at finishing my round than seeing why the guy shooting the Beretta couldn't..He had to leave the line and by the time I finished he already packed up....Probably embarrassed not doubt!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning gold sporting clays cory kruse