1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta at the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did Beretta have their new break open semi auto there. Anybody have any comments about it?

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

Beretta had three of them as demo guns when I was there. I tried one out. Kind of awkward to use until you got used to it but it worked fine. I should have tried to load an extra shell to see how it would have fed but didn't. I had trouble at first as the one I was using shot quite a bit higher than my gun. When I got that figured out, the birds started to break. It is an incredibly soft shooter. It will be interesting to see how this design holds up and if there is a market for it. It has less recoil than any trap gun I have ever shot so on that basis alone it should find a market.

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Dave P:

Several weeks ago I scored a round of doubles for a three man squad. One member was shooting the new Beretta break open auto. Before they started, I wondered if he would have trouble loading fast enough to keep up on a short squad. He didn't.

Two comments:

1. To my traditionalist eye, a second shell hanging off the right side of the receiver looks a little odd.

2. It's an interesting and innovative design to be sure. However, it's still an auto. Ultimately, there are only two kinds. Those that are malfunctioning and those that soon will. Given time I'm guessing "automaybe" and "jamamatic" will apply to the new Beretta the same as every other auto.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.