1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta ASE question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubba68, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubba68

bubba68 Member

I have the opportunity to be the new owner of a Beretta ASE - NOT the ASE 90. The gun is a 12 ga. and appears to be a field model - it has sling mounts.

Does anyone have info on the ASE? I realize the date of manufacture was '47-'64, but I am looking for any ideas on quality, etc. I believe the ASE 90 was built with some of the same materials and processes (hand fitted) as their SO series. Just not sure about the previous ASE series.

The gun looks to have the same locking mechanism as the ASE90/DT10. Balance and pointability seem nice (just from shouldering it in the shop), and it has beautiful wood.

This will be primarily an upland gun, and occasionally used for sporting/skeet.

Any comments or experiences with this line of gun would be appreciated.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

sounds like a nice gun- might be heavy but you have to check that out---

let me know how that works out- and if you can post pictures I would be interested in seeing them

regards from icy and chilly Iowa

Gene

3. bubba68

bubba68 Member

Gene - It doesn't feel all that heavy to me. But if it is, that's fine as I usually shoot fairly heavy field loads and a little heavier gun would be nice. I will post pictures I/when I purchase the gun.

Pat - What would be the markings indicating the higher grade steel? Would it actually have "Boheler Antitit" stamped on the barrels or monobloc?

Thanks.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Both steels are good- dont let that bother you

Gene

5. bubba68

bubba68 Member

Bill, thanks - I will check on the yr. of manufacture. I assume there were no specific years to be concerned about (i.e. Browning's salt stock years, etc.).

6. bubba68

bubba68 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ase 90 manufacturing dates