1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERETTA ASE 90

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hwcn, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwcn

hwcn Member

Couple of questions about a Beretta ASE 90:

What would the value be of a skeet/sporting gun with 28" barrels in good condition?

Are 32" barrels available and what would be the cost?

Thanks in advanced!

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are a sleeper- one of the best guns ever made

28 inch barreled ones are cheaper - no doubt-- what do you intend on using it for?

all around or just one of the games?

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. hwcn

hwcn Member

I am thinking about making it a project gun for sporting clays if I can find a 32" barrel. Would also consider parting with it. I just don't know what is reasonable.

It has 6 rhino chokes(LM,LM,SK,SK,C,C), 2 Briley Diffusers and four original chokes (F,M,IC,SK). It is equipped with a counter coil recoil system. It also has a never used spare trigger.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

What does he want for it?

I think Cole had some ASE 90 barrels at one time

Gene

5. esetter

esetter Active Member

I bought the last 29 1/2 inch barrel from Coles about a year ago and had them fit it to my ASE90. The only 32 in. gun I've seen have been trap models. The skeet usually had 28" and the sporting both 28 and 29 1/2" barrels. The skeet were non selective triggers, the sporting selective. I have owned most of the normal competition guns and I like my ASE90 best of all of them. I have a two barrel set with 28 and 29 1/2 inch barrels, and Briley sub-gauge tubes for the 28" barrels. They are built like a tank and swing like a dream. I buy every nice one I can find at a reasonable price. Hard to find that haven't been butchered up though.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You can use DT10 barrels, but need a DT10 forend iron for the ejectors to work properly.

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I think you will find that the DT-10 barrels do NOT fit the ASE-90.

They will fit on what I believe was sold as the ASE-90-gold - actually a different animal from the 'non-gold' ASE-90 (could be wrong on the forend/ejector issue...)

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

does Beretta sell new Bohler barrels to fit the recent prodiction run of the ASE-L guns? I see a boatload of them in 28" configuation but someone at Beretta should had schooled them on the new trend: 30" or longer barrels is what you mainly see in any of the clay sports.

9. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

hwcn,

I couldn't agree more with GN7777777 (Gene), the ASE 90 has to be one of the sweetest shooting little guns I have ever owned. I have a 29 1/2" "Sporting Clays" model (selective triggers) and a set of the Briley Ultimate Ultralite tubes with screw chokes. Robert Paxton (http://www.paxtonarms.com) currently has a 28" barreled "Match Weight" tube gun for sale ($5200). Check it out. 32" barrels are hard to come by and I would love to find a 34" single barrel to make mine a "combo" but people that have those usually don't part them out. I have a friend that has a 32" ASE-Gold that he is looking at selling, but don't for sure what he is asking for his gun. I can find out. It has one of the prettiest pieces of wood that I have seen on a Beretta of this grade in a long time (if ever).

My gun is one of the earlier "original" ASE-90's that came with the extra trigger, and thru time, I have even picked up ANOTHER extra trigger for this gun. All of the ones I have are from sporting clays guns and are selective between top or bottom barrel first. I believe the dedicated "Skeet" and "Trap" models were bottom-barrel first and non-selective. (I may also be wrong on all of the above). But I do know that the gun I have has about the greatest "sounding" lock-up of any gun I have held. My gun also has the Bohler-Antinite (sp?, I know that mis-spelled) barrels and not the Excelsior barrels like a lot of the later models and the ASE-Gold ones usually have. I am not sure about the fit up of barrels between DT-10's and the later model ASE-Golds and such, but then again, anythings possible.

Mike* (MH*)

10. esetter

esetter Active Member

The ASE90 has a wider frame than the ASE Gold. Barrels will not interchange because of this width difference. The DT10 barrels will go on to the Gold model but not the ASE90. If anyone has a Sporting model with the selective trigger they would like to sell please contact me. esetter5@roadrunner.com

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

sernv99, the ASEL second generation guns are bird guns and, as bird guns, Beretta chose to make them 28" guns. If the barrels were left over from earlier ASEL production, 30" barrels would be rarer than hen's teeth. I, personally, have never seen an ASEL with 30" barrels, either 12 gauge or 20 gauge.

12. esetter

esetter Active Member

I think there is some confusion here. The original ASEL guns were game guns made by Beretta in the 50's. The new ASE "L" Limited Edition guns are competition models and they made them with 28 and 29 1/2" barrels. These are two completely different guns. I had an original ASEL (game gun) 20 gauge with two original barrels and one was 32". Sold it to Ken Pendleton and he said it was the only one he had ever seen. Again, this was a very light game gun. The new ones are a different animal all together.

13. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

The DT-10 Optima bored barrels will fit the ASE-90. I have a friend that has one. He sent the gun to Edwin Anderson @ The Beretta Gallery in New York to have them fitted. I have shot this gun and it shoots great. Also, the newer ASEL guns were indeed made with 32 inch barrels as another friend of mine just sold one.

I have a ASE-90 Trap model with 30 inch, mobile choked barrels, with a high rib and a monte carlo stock. It has two triggers that fire bottom to top only and is non-selective.

Harvey Schwartz

14. esetter

esetter Active Member

The ASE90 receiver is wider so different shoulders have to be put onto the barrels. Only a couple people that do it and one is the Gallery in New York.

15. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Esetter, you don't need any more super nice guns!!!! You've already had a lifetime supply of yours and mine. Just quit, dammit. lol

16. esetter

esetter Active Member

It's become an addiction! My wife tells me that every morning. My problem is I keep selling them, so I have to buy more!!!! And, Claybrdr I think you have me way, way, beat on nice guns of every make and description.

17. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have a silver ASE 90 skeet gun that I found here on TS.com. It has the Briley Ultra-Light tubes and is well balanced even with the tubes.

I asked the guys at Beretta about putting DT-10 barrels on my ASE as I thought I wanted 32" barrels and they said "no can do".

18. waynewash

waynewash Member

If you wish to sell or trade your ASE 90 please let me know, I am currenly in the market for one.

19. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Mike Schmidt, of skeet fame, has DT10 bbls an ase-90 action, w/ a dt10 forend and iron, so it is possible by some means. I know he has a lot of work done by briley, so that might be a place to start. He was also at one point (a maybe still) a beretta sponsored shooter, so they might have done it special for him, I don't know.

20. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The Beretta smiths do things based on who you are and if they want to mess with it. Time is what it takes to do some of these swaps and the Beretta smiths charge such a ridiculous rate they know no one will pay it. Ed Anderson at teh Gallery in NY is the best place to start with questions on ASE gunsand their compatability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ase 90
ase 90 beretta
beretta ase

beretta ase 90

beretta ase 90 for sale

beretta ase 90 review
beretta ase 90 skeet
beretta ase 90 trap