1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta ASE 90 or DT-10????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by B682GX, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Pros & cons of each would be appreciated.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Only owned a ASE but its pro was fit and funish 2nd to nothing..con..needed 2 triggers to switch barrels

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

The biggest issue is that the DT-10 is still in production while the ASE-90 is not.

Guns are very similar - barrels sets interchange. The ASE-90 barrels came with the fixed chokes, the older Mobil chokes as well as the newer Optima - this might matter to some people. As far as I know the DT-10 only shipped with the Optima tubes (I'm not 100% on this).

The ASE-90 was meant to be a high end gun sold at a mid-level price. The idea was to use CNC machinery to make most of the gun with just a bit of hand finishing at the end - didn't turn out that way and ended up being a very expensive gun in it's day.

The DT-10 was the next step in this process and was much more successful in attaining this goal. EARLY guns had some spring troubles, which Beretta fixed for free. Gun design has since been changed so there should be no issue there.
    I've heard (never seen) that with heavy use DT-10's can open on a second shot - I've heard that Cole's attributes this to a worn cross bolt which is easily replaced with a factory over-sized one (other threads here go into this, from what I understand the replacement is the style used in the ASE-90 - an all metal one, where as the DT-1- one has a synthetic coating - teflon??)

Both have detachable trigger groups.

Hope this helps

4. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I jut neverd did like the DT10, the ASE-90 is still a bargain when found, one in very good shape retails for less than five grand, (new 682┬┤are retailing for $3,600 dollars). The ASE-90 is in a league of its own.

Berettaman7

5. shotgunjoej

shotgunjoej TS Member

I didn't know that the barrels are interchangeable between the two guns. Is this a true statement? I have ASE90 and I might be shopping for 34" unsingle barrel.

Thanks,

Joe

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Ummmm,

I have an X-Trap barrel on my DT-10 which came off an ASE-90...

7. shotgunjoej

shotgunjoej TS Member

Are the stocks interchangeable?

Cole's gets 500.00 dollars to fit barrels on ASE. Cole's' might be looking out for his own pocket.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I'm curious who is right.

Joe

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Joe,

I just checked with the person I bought the barrels from - he swears they came off an ASE-90.

I was there when they were fitted to my DT-10 and it took under ten minutes (fitting was included in the price of the barrels).

I've never tried any other wood on the gun so I cannot answer the question you pose.

From what I understand it is a function of the under lug position as to whether or not the barrels will fit from one gun to another, and there was almost no fitting required.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is better a beretta ase90or a beretta dt10