1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta and PFS for Doubles.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hooligan, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Down here in Aus we are only permitted to use 1oz loads for doubles. As I have a
    dud shoulder and back I now use a PFS however I have a small problem with it on a 682 Beretta. If the stock is adjusted for minimum felt recoil the inertia mechanism on the Beretta sometimes will not cock the second barrel. I think it may be possible to lighten the inertia setting springs however I would be interested to hear of any other shooters experience with this problem before I attack the gun.
    Barry

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Barry- The PFS can be tightened so it will absorb (actually elongate the recoil curve) less recoil. All you have to do is tighten the column of Belleville washers that act like a compression spring. The instruction book clearly explains how this is done.

The amount you tighten the washers will take a little experimentation.

Pat Ireland

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

When I was shooting your set up I had mechanical triggers installed in my 682. Solved my problems. Jake

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I don't think he is looking to absorb less recoil.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I found my self weak mounting my xt with PFS, then having occasional problems with trigger set.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Barry,

Just have your triggers on your 682 set up for sub-guage tubes (mechanical) and all your problems will be solved. This is a very simple, cost effective fix.

ec90t

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Briley's Rep in australia is:

Australia

Mialls/Briley Australia

(Briley Thinwall, Full services and parts)

59 Playne St Frankston, Victoria, Australia, 3199

Technical (03) 97831576

Orders (03) 97811668

Fax:(03) 97837887

They should be able to help you out.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated. Pat I can solve my problem by going the other way and locking down the PFS to absorb less recoil ( almost solid) and the triggers will reset. I shot another Beretta today which had been modified to mechanical triggers and as a number of you guys have recommended this is the way to go. It fixes all the problems.
    Thanks again
    Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.