1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta and Kim Rhode?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BerettaJ, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BerettaJ

BerettaJ Member

Just saw on Beretta's Facebook page that they are making an "Exciting Announcement" on Friday with a picture of Kim Rhode on the page. Wow, that would be the second major competitor that Perazzi has lost since the Olympics if I am reading between the lines correctly. Jessica Rossi being the other.

Perazzi just can't compete monetarily with companies like Beretta. She has been with Perazzi for so long.

John

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Top shooters switch back and forth b/w the 2 all the time. Perazzi will pick up beretta shooters, and beretta will pick up perazzi shooters. Its all about who offers the best contract when its time for renewal. Eller won Gold in 08 w/ a Perazzi, now he's shooting a DT10 Beretta.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This was actually leaked on here about 3-4 weeks ago. A shooter who practices where she does.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

WOW! I didn't know this - I am shocked actually. Miss Rossi did leave and go to Beretta. Mauro Perazzi posted a very nice tribute to her on Facebook with well wishes. I assume when the time is right, he will do the same for Ms. Rhode.

There is a constant cycle in the sports endorsement world. Richard Faulds leaves Beretta for Guerini, Jessica Rossi leaves Perazzi for Beretta, Rory McIllroy leaves Audemars Piguet for Omega, Duck Commander leaves Benelli for Mossberg, and the list goes on and on. It's all about the $$$ and talent. Kim Rhode could shoot a Yildiz and beat most everyone on this forum.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Harem Crampbull side-lined his Win. squirrel gun for a P combo and it cost him a ton??? :)

HAP

6. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Beretta is sure putting a lot of effort into promoting a gun (DT11) that is not yet ready for prime time.

7. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rossi and Rhode are winners and expect to win. If they are not capable of winning w/ the equipment how long will they stay? As I heard it, Beretta owns a good piece of Perazzi and they do whatever they want. I have no idea if that has any truth to it or not.

At any rate, I doubt that whatever happens will have any measurable effect on my existence.

I mean, they could be shooting Huotos for all I care

8. 548

548 Guest

I watched a youtube clip of Ms Rhodes where she said she shoots 700 rounds everyday practicing.

Shooting Winchester AA's, like she does, that would cost you and I $252.00 a day just for ammo.

That's $92,000 per year in ammo. Kinda puts things into perspective. An ammo sponsorship is a game changer for a career shooter.

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Outside of equestrian, clay target shooting is the most expensive sport someone could choose to compete in on an Olympic level. I doubt anyone (except maybe some of the middle eastern royals) could afford to compete without extensive sponsorship.

10. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

It seems to me that I recall that the Beretta ownership of Perazzi rumors are false. Last I heard they were completely separate companies.

Kim is most definately sponsored by Winchester. She leaves a mountain of empties behind when she practices! I would love to see the pallets of ammo that she must have in her garage:)...OK, I'd rather have them in my garage but it must be a glorious site!!

11. newbbs

newbbs Member

Perazzi was able to take the recoil out of a Beretta and make it comfortable to shoot.

Newb

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Tiger woods went from Tag to Rolex...

13. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Tiger got in trouble for playing tag. Lol

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Watching ISSF on U Tube I see lots of Berettta DT 11's being shot in all different events this year. Looks like Beretta is taking a page out of Krieghoff's American trap approach for the International shoots. You see very few Krieghoffs in International shooting mostly Americans you would think the Greman team would shoot them but they do not when I see German shooters

15. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

At least to shoot a good gun. If the DT 11 is anything like DT10 compared to Perazzi not even a comparision. Perazzi clearly better.

16. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Riflegunbuilder, it's quite interesting you say that Perazzi is a clearly better gun. I have never seen a Beretta fall apart like I did a Perazzi two weeks ago at the Western zone shoot.

Guy walks up to the line with a $20K Perazzi (custom Devault stock, custom high rib, gold release trigger, etc.) calls pull and click! He can't figure out why it won't fire. So he proceeds to take out the trigger and SH*T falls everywhere. Everyone is looking for his parts scattered all over the ground. We all know that gold trigger was $2K to buy. So we are all grinning at each other while these 5 guys stop, walk off the line and wait for this guy to figure out what to to. They call in a "Perazzi expert". He takes one look at it and says "sorry, can't fix it". So this guy goes and gets his spare trigger and as he walks back to the line he says "now I just gotta remember that this is not a release trigger". We held our breath waiting for him to shoot the back side of the trap house.

Anyone ever seen that happen to a DT-10?

17. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bucko, was that a Perazzi made trigger?

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Bucko, yes, release lever would not trip, couldn't open action. Stock had to pulled and a backup gun used.

19. Baber

Baber TS Member

Look at all the crap he added to the Perazzi. No wonder it CRAPPED out. Perazzi does not do R/T's they stated to the ISSF Shotgun Committee that they were "Dangerous" . Can't blame Perazzi on this one. You put all that extra crap on a DT10 it will crap out too.

I have a friend that wanted to buy a spare Trigger for his DT10 Beratta said he did not need one. Guess what .... the trigger failed.

T

20. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The point being there is no CLEARLY better gun between the Perazzi and the Beretta. They both can fail at any given time. So what makes the Perazzi the CLEARLY better gun? Because you can fix it within 5 minutes and get back on the line? You can do the same with the DT-10. There's nothing more frustrating than being on the line in competition and not know if you gun is going to go bang or not.

Search tags for this page

kim rhode and beretta b

why did kim rhode leave perazzi