1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta AL391 Urika 2 Gold Parallel Target SL Opti

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ihartm, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihartm

ihartm TS Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Can someone help me understand what a Parallel stock is and what differentiates it from the other Al391 shotguns.
    Others have stated that the Teknys are not worthy of the extra price tag and you are better off with the Urika.
    Please help me understand.
    Berettas' web site does not provide much information to make a decision except in dollar expenditure.
  2. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Aug 26, 2006

The Parallel Target model has a Monte Carlo stock that has a comb that is parallel, or nearly parallel, to the rib. (The reason I say nearly so is that it comes with stock shims to change the drop, so it can't be parallel in all configurations, I don't believe.) It comes with a target barrel, which has a step rib that is higher than the field or sporting models.

I don't see the 391 Urika Trap model listed on their site now. The Urika Trap has a Monte Carlo stock with a slight drop from comb to heel. If I remember correctly, the drop at comb on the Urika Trap was less than the Parallel Target, but the drop at heel was more.

With the Gold Urika model, you're getting a fancier receiver with some silver plating, a little engraving, and if anything else I don't know what. For a pure shooting gun, the Urika 2 PT is a fine gun, and should work fine for trap, as well as skeet and clays. Some folks like more drop at comb for clays.

The Teknys Trap model has factory adjustable comb, and step rib. I think the ribs are removeable and interchangeable, but someone else will have to chime in on this. The Teknys has a fancier receiver with some silver and blue stuff. Some folks like it, and some don't. Some like the factory adj comb, and the rib deal, and some don't.

I have a 391 Gold Sporting. I bought it used, and I got the [GOLD] because that was what was for sale. I, for one, would not have paid extra for it. I like to spend extra money on chokes, which can give one a sense of confidence in the gun, and shells.

Edited for [GOLD] above.

3. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Teknys 391 Gold Trap is a fine trap, SC, or skeet gun. Worth the extra $$ ??

Not on a new one, but used ones can be had for a good price and I think the comb hardware is okay - not great - but certainly stable once you get it where you want it.

The step rib is nice, the 32" bbl option is nice, the ret of the bling is what it is - cosmetic.

The rib is interchangable - but I've never seen an additional rib made avaialble. The GOLD PT comes with 2 ribs that do not fit on the Trap gun. The bosses are spaced diffrently on the two guns.

We have 2 TGT's here - both are well liked. Buy a good used one and you'll be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
al391 parallel comb
al391 urika 2 parallel target
beretta 391 parallel target drop at comb
beretta al391 urika 2 gold parallel target

beretta al391 urika gold sport with monicarlo stock

beretta urika 2 parallel target
beretta urika ll parallel target
pt urika