1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Al391 Teknys Gold Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ihartm, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihartm

ihartm TS Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Looking for opinions on the Beretta Al391 Teknys Gold Trap for use in trap shooting.
    The Pros and Cons
    What additional components needed to use for Doubles.
    What is the quality of the adjustable comb.
    The interchangeable ribs, what is the POI.
    Do other shooters dislike an auto on the trap range.
    Thank you
  2. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Great gun, I shoot one all the time, low recoil, easy to maintain plus you can shoot 5 to 10,000 rounds between cleaning, unless you shoot Estates then it will be more frequent. If you are going to shoot a lot of doubles put a 390 carrier in it after it start having trouble with second round this will happen at about 8 to 10,000 rounds of 2 3/4 dram 1oz 8's.

As far as what other people like, who cares, it's your money shoot what you want. If you on the other hand are being supplied your fire arm and ammo from someone else, well, that is a different issue.

PS: The 391 hold value very well.
  3. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I have one for sale. Had a deflector installed that will deflect the empty spent shell casing down and toward your feet. Won my share of singles, doubles and HDCP with it. As to the other shooters, they have to deal with distractions far greater than what the guy next to them is shooting!
    email me at larryatpf@yahoo.com and I'll send you pictures. Great shotgun, particularly the OPTIMA barrel and chokes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.