1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta AL391 Parallel Target trigger question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,I am considering buying a new Beretta AL391 Parallel Target and would like to know if they typically need the trigger tuned out of the box or if they are good to go as new...If you have any positive or negative comments about this model please post them also.Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.Thank you.

2. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,I am considering buying a new Beretta AL391 Parallel Target and would like to know if they typically need the trigger tuned out of the box or if they are good to go as new...If you have any positive or negative comments about this model please post them also.Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.Thank you.

3. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Yes - they need a trigger tune. A guy I know can make them smoothe as silk with a file and 2 minutes - not sure what he does to the sear, but it really makes for a nice trigger. I'm sure someone here knows wha tto do or the name of someone who can tune it.

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Actually, as the owner/user of a 391 Parallel Target, the trigger was not bad right out of the box, and for many would be just fine as it is. But like most factory guns, it can be improved. I had Moneymaker (Omaha, NE) redo the trigger with their patented improvements and it is now great rather than just good.

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

i had a trigger job done on my 391 Parallel Target and frankly i could not tell the difference when i was on the line. Should have just saved my money. On the other hand , I had a Browning Gold Sporting Clay that had such a horrible trigger pull out of the box that it needed a trigger job. lm

6. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I wish I knew what my local guy did to my trigger, but he won't tell me. All I know is that he files something on the hammer that reduces the feel of the trigger "catching" before it trips the sear. Takes a minute to do. He's a certified Beretta gunsmith - and he has apparently shown them what he does. Maybe they are doing it at the factory on newer guns.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

al391 urika parallel target