1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta AL390 Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I just purchased a used AL390 Golden Mallard 12 gauge. When cleaning it I noticed what appears to be a missing pin from the trigger group. And of course the trigger does not work.

Three questions:

1. See the picture, notice the gold trigger showing through the small hole. Is this hole missing a pin?

2. Can I easily replace this myself or is this a Tron or Doug Braker fix?

3. Can I use a trigger group from my AL391 as a temporary replacement?

Thanks in advance for the help!

David

upnorthmn_2009_260835.jpg

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The answer to all 3 questions is yes--The pin has to be inserted from the right hand side. If you shoot a 391 it pays to have a complete spare trigger.

Phil Berkowitz

3. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

Phil,

Thanks for the info. One point of clarification, yes I can fix it myself or should I send it to a smithy?

David

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It simly slides in, the pin has a steped side, It most likely fell out if you pulled the trigged & the pin was faceing downswards. Always keep tension on the hammer or it may happen again.

Phil Berkowitz

5. Brittanyboy

Brittanyboy TS Member

This can happen when you are cleaning your trigger group. The pin feel out of mine, I didn't notice it and went sporting clay shooting. Needless to say the gun would not work. When I got home I was lucky to find the pin on the cleaning table. Just line up the holes and slip it back in. You would think there would be a better way to retain the pin.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is a good idea to hold your finger on that pin when cleaning. It can fall out easily, especially if the trigger is not cocked. It is a very simple trigger to take apart so the fix is easy

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

the pin from your 391 will work--call brownells they will have one--probably $5-6---and yes they fall out occasionally when cleaning

8. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

if you uncock the hammer it takesa the tenson off of the pin and it falls out. keep the hammer cocked and it will be ok. motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

al391 trigger issues