1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta AL390 Teknys Gold Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DocJim, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocJim

DocJim Member

Anyone with any experience with this gun? How is the recoil as say compared to an 1100? How often does it have to be completely cleaned? On ejection is the spent hull ejected downward or right into the face of the guy to your right? What options are there to prevent ejection, such as a "piano wire" mod? Others? Appreciate any feedback positive or negative. ............Jim

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have a 390 Gold, but it is not a Teknys...don't know if that makes any difference. I had Phillip of P&P file the interior ejection piece so that when I shoot doubles it throws the hull down and forward. Keeps the hull away from the next shooter. For singles, if I want to keep the hull, I have a plastic shell catcher, readily available, to stop the eject. Great gun, low recoil, many parts available. I have a bad shoulder so I have a Soft Touch composition stock on mine...really no felt recoil.

JON

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I shoot a 390 Super Trap for pheasants only.

I shoot Remington Nitro-Mags in it exclusively and rarely "clean" the gun. It gets a dusting of oil from time-to-time. I only clean it when it is visibly dirty from dirty hunts.

I have had ZERO problems with it. I did build another one, a field 390 to shoot like the ST. I even replaced the original wood with synthetic and did the fiberglass thing to make it into a high shooting trap stock.

Pretty nice gun, in my mind.

Whiz

4. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

Sweet I, real Sweet!!!!

5. JasonH

JasonH TS Member

I have a AL390 sporting model and it is without a doubt the toughest hunting gun I have ever onwed. This gun has not been babied around, I shoot a lot of 3in steel and lead shells through it and has never failed me yet...
    The recoil of a Berreta is much better than an 1100 rem, in my opinion and I have used both. It is sort of a joke with all my buddies, that when the day comes that my Berreta fails I have to tell everyone...LOL....

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We have one for sale at the Silver Dollar 30" barrel, sporting model. I think I have to get permission from "Lumper" to list it.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta al 390 silver mallard vs teknys

teknys gold trap